Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Error Code 01 - Canon 24-105L

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    User_Removed
    12 Oct 2012 - 11:05 PM

Has anyone experienced Error 01 - lens error with a Canon 24-105L? I have a wedding shoot on Sunday and was making sure everything was working OK and to my horror got this error message on my (brand new) 5D2 and 24-105L. Never had it before except on some older Sigma lenses. The lens is 2nd hand but under the shop warranty. I took it back (benefit of buying locally!) and after a contact clean, it still gave the same message and the motor kept buzzing as if it was hunting. Anyway long story short, it's going away for repair and the shop have lent me another for Sunday (I do have other lenses/bodies so not completely lost).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Oct 2012 - 11:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CHRISB911
    CHRISB911  854 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Oct 2012 - 2:03 PM

it also failed on my 24 to 105, theres a computor ribbon inside the lens that could be cracked, does it do this all the way through the zoom range or just in one spot, failing that clean the contacts on the lens, but if its the ribbon canon will repair it for 200 quid

User_Removed
    21 Oct 2012 - 9:12 PM

Just one spot I think but can't remember which FL setting - it's under the shop's 12 month warranty - good job I bought locally! Should be back within a fortnight - I really miss it as I had to shoot a wedding yesterday using my 17-40 on a FOVC camera, it's such a versatile lens. Thanks for the imput Chris, hope all's well with you all

User_Removed
    30 Oct 2012 - 5:09 PM

Just a had a report back from the shop - the lens needs a new power diaphragm assembly at a cost (to the shop, fortunately) of 220.00, cheaper than a new lens I suppose! On the plus side, the shop have lent me a 28-135 to tide me over until it's been repaired.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014836 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Oct 2012 - 5:23 PM

Happened with both models I had too - massively disappointing

User_Removed
    30 Oct 2012 - 6:52 PM

The first one I had was absolutely fine but I have heard of others since - now yours.

johnp
    johnp  10139 forum posts United Kingdom
    16 Nov 2012 - 9:41 PM

Just had mine fixed too. 202 that I wanted for another lens. Still, I love that lens.
    John

User_Removed
    17 Nov 2012 - 1:37 PM

It'a a cracking lens - one I would never part with, it's so versatile and tack sharp even wide open. I once saw a quote about this lens:

"At F/4 it's sweet, at F/8 it'll cut you in half".

johnp
    johnp  10139 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Nov 2012 - 6:47 PM

It's my standard lens at weddings and for portraits but today I've been shooting landscapes with it. Sooooo versatile.

User_Removed
    28 Nov 2012 - 12:25 AM

Lens back at last and firing on all cyllinders Smile boy did I miss it

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.