Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

error01

carthage 2 3
8 Oct 2012 3:39PM
Hello all
I used a kenko dg extension tube on a canon 400d in an automatic mode by mistake and now when I try to use the same extension tube in conjunction with the same lens I get an error 01 message and am unable to take pictures. The apeture value shows up as F00 and won't adjust.
The extension tube works with the camera and other lenses perfectly well and the lens I used when the problem arose also appears to be fine.
I have tried all the obvious things like removing the battery and cleaning the contacts but stiil get this error message when I use the particular extension tube with the lens I was using when the problem began. I imagine that something has occured in the camera software but I don't know how to fix the problem or if damage has been done.

Can a greater m8nd than mine shed some light?

Thanks
KieranSad

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 2 112 Wales
29 Oct 2012 12:27AM
I had error 1 with my 5D2 and 24-105L - tried the usual things but the lens has had to go away for repair - fortunately under warranty - someone else suggested it may be the "computer ribbon" - on another forum it transpired that a contact on the lens had burnt out - this may be your problem but it's only a suggestion - my problem occurred out of the blue and the lens was fine the day before. You could try re setting the camera to the default setting, it may clear the issue. Can't be of any more help sorry. But on my lens it's all pointing to a dodgy contact, HTH.
carthage 2 3
29 Oct 2012 5:53PM
Hi
Thanks for your suggestions. I have not tried re-settig the camera to default settings but that does sound worth a go. My confusion was that the lens works fine when not used with the particular ex-tube in use at the time the problem started, as does the ex-tube. They just don't work together, so it seemed like some sort of software issue rather than a mechanical issue. Having said that I will probally be proved wrong in the end and find something burnt out.
I will look into re-setting the camera to default which would be great if it works.
Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Regards
Kieran
P.S. I'll let you know if it works out.Smile
User_Removed 2 112 Wales
29 Oct 2012 8:59PM
Thanks Kieran - it would be good to hear what was wrong - I'm no expert, just sharing my experience and possible cures - hope you sort it out soon, it's frustrating especially now I'm a lens down! Sad I did have a lens problem sometime ago with a 400D and a (new at the time) Sigma 18-125 OS lens but got error 99 and that was a faulty lens so now it's Canon only glass/extenders etc for me. Perhaps Canon bodies just don't like 3rd party glass Grin (just a weird thought!! lol)
User_Removed 2 112 Wales
30 Oct 2012 5:08PM
Just a had a report back from the shop - the lens needs a new power diaphragm assembly at a cost (to the shop, fortunately) of 220.00, cheaper than a new lens I suppose! On the plus side, the shop have lent me a 28-135 to tide me over until it's been repaired.
carthage 2 3
31 Oct 2012 10:55AM
Just the sort of news you want, NOT! Sorry to hear about that. I suppose you at least know where you are with it now. Once the pain of parting with the cash is done you can leave the problem behind you.
I will have a go at mine at the weekend, starting by restoring to camera default settings. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks again for your input so far.
Kind regards
KieranSmile
User_Removed 2 112 Wales
31 Oct 2012 1:07PM
Thanks Kieran,

Fortunately the shop is picking up the tab. Let me know how you get on?

Phil
carthage 2 3
30 Nov 2012 3:05PM
Hi Phil
I just remembered I meant to update you on the progress or lack of it conerning my error01. No joy with it so far even after trying the solutions we discussed. Can't win em all I suppose.
Regards
Kieran
User_Removed 2 112 Wales
1 Dec 2012 8:08PM
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it sorted pretty quickly.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.