Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

ettl not working with mini tti and tt5's

ianrobinson e2
5 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2014 12:05PM
Hi all, hope some one can help me here, I have a canon 5d mkiii and a 1DX, and i want to use but have issues with the pocket wizards i use tti1 and tt5's.
Issue is the pocket wizards will not give me ettl and i know this has been an issue for quite sometime now after contacting pocket wizard them selves.

Now I know I can't make this sinario with 1dx and 5d mkiii to work properly, so my question to you guys is what will work with ettl other than pocket wizard on a 5d mkiii and the 1dx.

I presume some answers will come back with the canon 600 ex flash gun and trigger but are they compatible and as good as the pocket wizard was on my 5d mk ii where it did work properly, is this also a thing we can expect with canon now in respect they will make the technology harder so there for having no choice but to use canon products with canon.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman 3 1.4k United Kingdom
16 Mar 2014 1:07PM
look at hahnel combi tf
puertouk 3 1.1k 17 United Kingdom
16 Mar 2014 6:06PM
Ian, have you looked at Phottix ? I've got the Phottix Odin and it's really good, but I have the Canon 5D MK II, but I'm sure it's compatible with the MKIII. Just Email them and ask.
Hope this helps
Stephen

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.