Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Eugene Terreblanche found dead......

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2010 - 1:00 PM

Eugene Terreblanche found dead

To be honest I'm amazed he's lasted this long.......

Last Modified By CathyT at 4 Apr 2010 - 1:02 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Apr 2010 - 1:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
4 Apr 2010 - 1:04 PM

I was thinking that when I read the news on the BBC site... I thought he'd got it years ago.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 4 Apr 2010 - 1:05 PM
CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2010 - 1:08 PM

Quote: Mr Zuma condemned the killing as a "terrible deed".

The last thing SA needs now is for the World Cup to be called off due to racial unrest.

Last Modified By CathyT at 4 Apr 2010 - 1:09 PM
thewilliam
4 Apr 2010 - 1:26 PM

I always had the suspicion that he was really a spoof.

His name "Terreblanche" is French for "White land". And the three-legged swastikas!

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2010 - 2:28 PM

No great loss then.......!!!!!!!

jakabout
jakabout  91741 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2010 - 5:27 PM

Quote: No great loss then.......!!!!!!!

You're right... he's no great loss to the world in the grand scheme of things. He was a vile man, with vile ideals. But there can be no moral justification for doing what they did to Terreblanche - full stop.

What will you say if Malema, the "Kill the boer" proponent, suffers the same fate at the hands of white men who hate his ideals?

Oh and Terreblanche is a fairly common surname in SA, coming from the French Huguenots who colonised SA in the 17th century.

kaybee
kaybee  103761 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2010 - 5:41 PM

Wage dispute = racial incident?
Not in my book

geoffash26
geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
4 Apr 2010 - 6:01 PM

Quote: Wage dispute

At night in bed on a Saturday?????? My thoughts and experience say not really

CathyT
4 Apr 2010 - 6:42 PM

Quote: Wage dispute = racial incident?
Not in my book

Or is that a smoke screen...sounds like they caught the perpetrators rather quickly....perhaps to bring the incident to a swift end.

Last Modified By CathyT at 4 Apr 2010 - 6:43 PM
Matrixgypo
4 Apr 2010 - 8:13 PM

Mmm interesting this is. I reckon it will be the security services, and two poor workers used as pawns. Seen it done in N Ireland - too often

thewilliam
4 Apr 2010 - 8:38 PM

I met an African called Elastic Banda, which also seems to be a common name.

jakabout
jakabout  91741 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2010 - 9:04 PM

Not in my book

A great oversimplification of the issue - but in truth that is indeed the gist of it, coming as it has hot on the heels of Malema's nationalisation drive and the controversy over the "Kill the boer, Kill the farmer" song which Julius Malema sings at ANC Youth rallys and other public events. He's now in Zimbabwe singing the song as it's not been declared unconstitutional there Wink

The ANC leadership opposed the banning of the song saying it violated freedom of speech but the courts declared that singing the song was unconstitutional and amounted to hate speech and should therefore not be tolerated. When the country's leadership doesn't agree that singing old revolution songs which call for the death of whites can be seen as hate speech then you've got a problem.

They say that people know the song is a relic from the days when the ANC was fighting for freedom ... but the problem is people don't know that, or don't care when caught up in the fervour of a public rally. People see what they want to see, hear what they want to hear. Malema is using that to his advantage while he stirs up the fight all over again because he says nothing has changed for the better in the 16 years since the New South Africa began. There are millions of disenchanted so-called "previously disadvantaged" people in SA who are still living in horrific conditions. Prime conditions for stirring up old hatreds and malcontent.

Now add to the mix the fact that the farmer that was killed this time was a pig of a man who mistreated his workers and didn't pay them the lower than slave wages promised... and that farmer is Eugene Terreblanche, a hated (universally) pro-Apartheid leader in his day, you've got a couple of martyrs to the cause.

So "wage dispute = racial incident" is entirely plausible in the South Africa I know... sadly.

Last Modified By jakabout at 4 Apr 2010 - 9:05 PM
Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314812 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
4 Apr 2010 - 9:26 PM

Not in my book

All seems a bit odd, I`d say neither.

kaybee
kaybee  103761 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
5 Apr 2010 - 11:23 AM

Judi - I bow to your superior local knowlege (for want of a better expression).

Roy

pcheywood
pcheywood  91300 forum posts England
5 Apr 2010 - 11:38 AM

I just wish that the BBC could actually report news in an unbiased fashion, without skewing it or adding their own agenda. Sad

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.