Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Eugene Terreblanche found dead......

11 Apr 2010 12:11PM
I have some SA friends who are now back in SA after living over here in the UK for a number of years.

They say that the SA described by the BBC and Daily Mail is very different to the general reality. And I can well imagine.

There are riots in the UK, bombs used to go off, people are murdered everyday, some of them with guns. But it's rarely something you see in your own vicinity.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

classcams e2
5 117
13 Apr 2010 1:37PM
AFRICA, I wish the place would just sink. There has been so much bloodshed there since the whiteman was forced to give equal rights to the blackman.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2010 5:16PM
The bit that shocked me was the support and turnout at his funeral -- there is clearly still a massive racist problem there.
Strobe e2
7 1.3k United States
13 Apr 2010 7:26PM

Quote: there is clearly still a massive racist problem there.

So approximately 700 out of 49 000 000 people turn out for his funeral and you class this as a massive racist problem?
Lawrence e2
11 195 1 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2010 8:34PM
There are only 4 mil whites including children in SA.700 out of 2Mil = .03%
jakabout e2
10 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2010 10:38PM
I'm sure Nick Griffin could muster up 700 for his funeral Wink
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
13 Apr 2010 11:12PM

Quote:I'm sure Nick Griffin could muster up 700 for his funeral Wink

I'm guessing a far larger number than that could probably be mustered to bury him........... right now! biggrin-light.jpg

collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2010 8:31AM

Quote:I'm guessing a far larger number than that could probably be mustered to bury him........... right now!

My sentiments entirely add me to the list.
29 Apr 2010 1:32AM

Quote:there is clearly still a massive racist problem there.
So approximately 700 out of 49 000 000 people turn out for his funeral and you class this as a massive racist problem?

Yes, there is still a racist problem in South Africa. A white man living in SA for 5 year I was stopped almost weekly by black police officers, had my car searched, asked for bribes, had trumped up traffic charges laid against me - which were always squashed or I simply challenged the single officer on the spot. I've been ignored in government buildings trying to get permits by black staff etc, when I say ignored, I mean that literally....staff putting their heads down or simply walking away, or just ignoring me when I spoke to them. Racism is alive and well in SA!

Most people in the UK use the word racism to describe something that a white person does to a non white person. Racism, is racism, is racism, and black racism against other tribes, the indians, the chinese and the coloureds in S. Africa is very evident and seemingly supported by Zuma and is predecessor Thabo Mbeki.

I left S. Africa after having attended too many funerals in 2007 and after having survived two armed robberies and the murder of my friends and dogs.

The ANC is not that interested in democracy, really not at all, look into the state sponsored harrassment of Helen Zillen, a white Jewish elected politician. They simply could not stomach that a white woman was elected by the pupulation so harassed her, arrested her and refused to attend her governmental meetings.

This is Africa, glad I am no longer there, even though I long for the land I once had, the African sky and red earth. Cry the beloved country, the trauma continues. And no, whites don't deserve what is happening to them - something that has been said to me by well meaning politically correct Brits. The Black on Black crime is incidentally far worse.
janeez e2
6 1.2k 8 United Kingdom
29 Apr 2010 10:18PM
I met a lovely SA lady only yesterday and she graphically told me all the terrible things that are happening in her beautiful country. She left with her 4 year old son after her uncle was brutally murdered and her best friend was subjected to a horrific ordeal by a gang of men. She was so sad to leave and so frightened for the safety of her parents who are still there. No one, especially women, dare even go out in there gardens after dark for fear of what could happen to them.

I cannot believe how we can say how bad it is in this country when hearing how things are everyday over there.

We can only hope things will change and peace will return to their country.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.