Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

European Court rejects Section 44 appeal

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Snapper
    Snapper  93731 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jul 2010 - 7:35 PM

As photographer's rights have been a big topic on here, and particularly the thread on the 16 year old London photographer this week, I thought memebers would be interested in this story. Apologies if I have missed it elsewhere on the site, but the BJP has it as a news item this week.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    1 Jul 2010 - 7:35 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SuziBlue
    SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jul 2010 - 8:20 PM

Thanks Snapper. Interesting and it's good to see photographers sticking up for that guy.

Here's an article I clicked on whilst there - the comments are worth a read too.

Photojournalist detained

davey_griffo
    1 Jul 2010 - 9:09 PM

Nice to see the government doesn't have it all it's own way, in trying to erode our rights.

big fella
    big fella  11485 forum posts England
    1 Jul 2010 - 10:50 PM

The article SuziBlue linked to is a bit of an eye opener. The police officer obviously didn't know how to react when the tog challenged him! He was clearly unable to answer the photographer as to which law he was supposed to be in breach of and ended up resorting to provoking a reaction from the tog (by pushing him down stairs and taking his camera) so that he could accuse him of being a nuisance and breaching the peace. I do hope that he takes it further and the officer(s) involved are dealt with accordingly. At the very least, he deserves a public apology from the officers concerned. I would normally support the police (their job isn't easy) but you do begin to have doubts when they act like these ones have done.

This weekend RAF Waddington will be having an air-show; thousands of people will be there taking photographs of military equipment. How many of those people, would this particular police officer be stopping from taking pictures?

LensYews
    LensYews  51300 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jul 2010 - 11:01 PM

The government have introduced a new website today, where the public can nominate laws to be remove from the statue book which are uncessary, infringe on public freedoms, etc. The ones that are selected will be put back to parliament with a view to having them withdrawn.

http://yourfreedom.hmg.gov.uk/

Jestertheclown
    1 Jul 2010 - 11:07 PM

This is already running here.

There's a video/audio link on there which you might think tells a slightly different story to the one in written links on here.

Jester.

SuziBlue
    SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
    1 Jul 2010 - 11:42 PM

LOL Jester .. you're determined to assume the worst about that young guy aren't you! Wink

Last Modified By SuziBlue at 1 Jul 2010 - 11:44 PM
    Jestertheclown

Hi Suzi,

No, not really!

I have an open mind on the matter. It's just that listening to the video, it's pretty obvious that he's brought most of the trouble on himself.
    I don't know how many times you've had a run-in with the police but in my youth I had plenty (not photo related) and soon learned the hard way, that the best thing to do when told "don't lean on the fence" was to move quietly away from it!

Jester.

kaybee
    kaybee  103794 forum posts Scotland24 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Jul 2010 - 9:44 AM

The boy was right .............. however - he took it too far and brought his arrest on himself.
    He had plenty on tape to walk away and make a complaint which would have been upheld.

I think (or at least hope) that maturity may save him in the future

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.