Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Event (specifically sports) Photography and the Legal Requirements

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    samrowe28
    samrowe28  1
    8 Feb 2013 - 7:30 PM

Hi There,

Im thinking of starting up my own event photography business and am interested to know if there are any Legal Requirements that we would have to abide by. I would also like to know if there are any regulations and licences in particular that I need to know about before starting my business.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sam

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    8 Feb 2013 - 7:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bigalguitarpicker

http://www.investni.com/index/advice_and_information.htm

Hello Samrowe28. You don't say where you're based, but the link I've given above should be of interest, even though it's Northern Ireland based. There should be similar courses where ever you are. I'm assuming you know how to use a camera effectively. That'll be the smallest part of your plan - it's the business stuff that's more important. Smile

samrowe28
    samrowe28  1
    8 Feb 2013 - 9:15 PM

Thanks for the reply! Based in Norfolk, England so I think your link should be of help ... thanks once again! Yes, have many years experience with a camera and now hope that I can transfer those skills into this industry! I guess its just the tip of the iceberg really - currently writing my business plan and think it would be important to have some reference in there about the legal requirements.

Sam

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73370 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Feb 2013 - 12:52 PM

Public Liability Insurance

mikeweeks
    mikeweeks  9954 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Feb 2013 - 7:10 PM

It depends who you are photographing, many organisations such as pony club and the FA have guidelines for photographing juniors but legally there are very few rules. If you are going to Focus come and say hello on the Photomart stand and hopefully I can help you with anything event photography.

Mike

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.