Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Event Photography Software

31 May 2007 6:50PM
Does anyone know of any relatively quick and easy to use Event Photography software that allows multiple station viewings of images and allows customers to order the print they want. I would like to have two viewing screens networked to a main pc which I use to print the photos onsite.
Total 3 pc's networked to maybe two printers.

Thanks

Paddy

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

HannahLB 8 48
31 May 2007 8:14PM
Hi Paddy, I use 5 Minute Photo on my viewing stations and it works like magic. The simplest and most foolproof system, and cheap too. PM me if you want to know more.

Hannah
mikeweeks e2
10 954 3 England
1 Jun 2007 9:39AM
Gareth,

you could always do it yourself, you would need to run a program such as WampServer, which would act as your web host, you then use JAlbum to build your catologue of images, and finally if you want to stop the little oiks from messing up your software you should learn about Kiosk Mode for Internet Explorer (the other browsers do it as well) - Total Cost = nothing. There is a new piece of software coming out soon and you can find details here Photo Parata, which looks like it could be quite good.

I think this could be a good ephotozine meet idea

Mike
11 Jun 2007 2:40AM
Wow caught this thread at a random time.
I just wrote some mock up software a week ago for a family friend. I'd be willing to toss it your way. It runs off the apache/mysql/php basis. Heres a screen shot of the code, http://dragonfort.net/dump/ddog.jpg

Features:
- Auto thumbnails
- Creates a Print List for the client
- Only low end hardware needed, Possibly implement touch screens only
- No database editing, just create a folder for each event
- Works with webdav, (mac osx, windows) whole system can just show up like a folder.

Shoot me a email if you'd like a copy of the code or see the beta site. Its just something I tossed together.
I'm debating spending sometime and making it a full package. Possibly with point of sale, and other features. I was researching what software is out there, and it's pretty slim.

Cheers,
~james
jamesbittner+ephotozine@dragonfort.net
scarleton 7 2 United States
9 Jul 2007 3:59PM
Hi folks, I see Mike found my software, Photo Parata. I thought I might let you all know that the next beta has been released and is free for you all to try out.

If you are interested in beta testing the software, please create an account at the web site (to download the beta) and then email me the following information:

Name, Company Name, Web site, phone number

And I will send you an unlock key

Sam Carleton
bppowell 13 2.1k 2 England
9 Jul 2007 9:09PM
Where do we pick up the correct email address?
I have created an account and trying to download the software, its a slow download at the moment.

Barry
9 Jul 2007 9:30PM
Ok, I have sent the message
scarleton 7 2 United States
9 Jul 2007 9:36PM
Barry,

I did receive your email about the unlock key. I apologize, I forgot to mention in my posting above that I would get the unlock key to you with in 24 hours. For others, simply send me a message from the Photo Parata web site and I will get you the unlock key as soon as I can!

Sam
9 Jul 2007 10:02PM
Thanks,
we have a big event coming up a week Friday so hope to give it a real test then.

Barry
25 May 2011 10:38AM

Quote:Does anyone know of any relatively quick and easy to use Event Photography software that allows multiple station viewings of images and allows customers to order the print they want. I would like to have two viewing screens networked to a main pc which I use to print the photos onsite.
Total 3 pc's networked to maybe two printers.

Thanks

Paddy

Hi paddy
There are lots of professional software's are provided by many photography website and these website you can easily search on the internet. They can wishfully fulfilled all your demands as you mention in your threadsTongue. So keep searching on the internet of that websites not the software.

Regards KellySmile

25 May 2011 4:51PM
4 Years sinse this was asked, I hope by now hes got the software he wanted lol, we seem to have quite a few old threads being resurected recently

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.