Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Ever Wondered.

Hoffy e2
10 241 16 England
3 Nov 2006 8:51AM
Ever wondered why you rarely see letters from men in agony aunt columns....

Dear Abby,

I've never written to you before, but I really need your advice on what
could be a crucial decision. I've suspected for some time now that my wife
has been cheating on me.

The usual signs... phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife
has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their
names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always
walks down the drive. Although I can hear a car driving off, as if she has
gotten out of the car round the corner. Why? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi?

I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went
berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I
checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my wife. I think deep down
I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and
I decided to really check on her.

I decided I was going to take some photographs of my wife coming home using
my new camera and waited behind the garage to do this. When I fired the
first shot the shutter jammed.

Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

PaulSR 9 511 England
3 Nov 2006 8:58AM
fantastic, made me laugh.
PS. lose the wife, keep the camera
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
3 Nov 2006 9:02AM
Dear Hoff,

Relationships are built on trust and as such you will only destroy yourself if you let this go on any longer. Clearly you need to know, if only to put your mind at ease, so I'd suggest getting a quote from your local camera dealer, then deciding on your next course of action from there.
Bucks 12 238
3 Nov 2006 9:20AM
Dear Hoff,
You cannot let this go on, the uncertainty will eat you up. Faith and blind trust are such integral parts of our lives that we rarely notice that the things we trust implicitly we have no proof of at all- Is the world round, did anyone ever walk on the moon, Is I can't believe its not butter actually not butter?
How can you subject yourself such extremes of emotion, your great highs will be tinged with doubt you will never feel truly comfortable until you sort this out.
I've had similar problems twice before, once with a Praktica, once with a canon, in both cases the mirror moved but the shutter didn't open, or did it? It all became too much for me after a motor racing event where I took a roll of beautifully panned shots, but when the roll came back there were 6 shots and 30 blanks on it. Oh the trauma, my therapist charged extra for 2 months after that incident.
Digital will help, but for that critical moment, the climax of your day, you must be able to trust what is in your hands and I feel (and you know) you are no longer able to do that.
Sieze the moment, service the camera.
Hi to the wife by tyhe way. How is she this weather?
SandyMiller 8 926 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2006 9:34AM
Trusting can be so painful. My self-timer failed on me a couple of months ago on a lens that won't work with a shutter-release cable when I'm using filters. I was devastated. Have come through it now though. I'd get help if I were you.
HTH
paulcr 10 1.5k 9 Ireland
3 Nov 2006 12:27PM

Quote:Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?

I had a chat with my dealer about this case. He says he doesn't know of any dealers who will "fix" a wife for you, he only deals in drugs but he'll keep an eye out for someone for you. Hope this helps at this difficult time. Paul
3 Nov 2006 12:45PM
Part exchange her for a newer model (if you can).
SandyMiller 8 926 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2006 12:53PM
That would probably shutter up
RipleyExile 11 1.6k 17 England
3 Nov 2006 1:20PM
That's the kind of response I'd expect to see from Jas. Trying to beat him at his own game?
stevie_h 8 37
3 Nov 2006 1:31PM
Dear Hoff,

I would suggest that you go to he pub and start drinking heavily. That way not only will you have a wife problem, camera problem but also a drink problem. But at least the other two problems won't seem as bad!

Cheers
3 Nov 2006 3:14PM
Dear Hoff,

whilst I fully understand the pain inside your lonely soul, part of me keeps thinking you are not being completely open about this. Is there more to it than you wish to tell; why do I feel as if you are holding back something.

It was a Nikon, wasn't it ?
tull 11 181 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2006 3:45PM
LMAO!

Mark.
Jon_Iliffe 9 78 United Kingdom
3 Nov 2006 3:56PM
Dear Hoff,
Don't jump to hasty conclusions. You need to confront you're wife about this and find out the identity of this 'group from work' or the mystery man.

One of them may be able to have a look at the camera and fix it for you, or be able to get a discount from the local dealer.

Of course, if it is a Nikon give it to your wife as a parting gift and get a Canon and a part time cook/cleaner.

Jon
timcul 8 3
4 Nov 2006 12:10PM
how dare you write about me in this forum, is it not me that spends all your time looking at upgrading camera's and models on the web! just because i go out with the guys opps gals doesnt mean i am having it off, its just i feel lonely as you dont hold me tight as you used to and fiddle with my parts, so that is why i committed sucide in your hands while taking pictures of your studid wife!! lol
Hazard 11 1.2k United Kingdom
4 Nov 2006 3:44PM
You must try and Focus

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.