Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Excel spreadsheet help

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Take-a-View
    5 Mar 2009 - 7:32 PM

I'm using excel 2007 and trying to adapt an existing worksheet. However, the columns/cells outside the existing page (columns A-F) cannot be accessed and I cannot enter data or insert additional columns into the sheet. The headings row run from A to F and then blank and there are no cells to enter data into.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Mar 2009 - 7:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73882 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2009 - 8:07 PM

Have you looked to see if the cells/columns are hidden? Right click then select unhide.

Alternatively if you only want the data you can see and want to add data etc select all the data, copy (CTRL+C) goto a new worksheet goto A1 then paste (CTRL+V).

Take-a-View
    5 Mar 2009 - 8:13 PM

Nothing is hidden but after the last column the remainder of the sheet is blank and I can't even click onto a cell! Will PM you if that's ok

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73882 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2009 - 8:14 PM

Yes no problem - If you want I can have a look at it for you - been looking at spreadsheets all afternoon!

Take-a-View
    5 Mar 2009 - 8:16 PM

Cheers. Have PM'd you

rowarrior
    rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Mar 2009 - 8:30 PM

If you can't click into them then the cells are locked

Take-a-View
    5 Mar 2009 - 8:52 PM

No cells visible

Nick_w
    5 Mar 2009 - 9:00 PM

Ian I copied the cells OK into a new sheet - Just noticed when I opened it its linked to numerous external workbooks (not sheets) it probably contains quite sophisticated visual basic code / macros be careful with using sheets like this, its often how viruses infect your M/C. Some of the links look very suspicious.

Last Modified By Nick_w at 5 Mar 2009 - 9:02 PM
    Take-a-View
    5 Mar 2009 - 10:33 PM

Thanks to Nick and Rowarrior for responding..............all finally sorted.

Cheers

Take-a-View
    15 Mar 2009 - 5:50 PM

Thanks to Artois for "cracking" the problem

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.