Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Excuses needed!.............

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
jaspernina
1 Sep 2007 - 5:58 PM

Hi all.

Hope you're all cool. Something I need to share with you, have been looking for a self help group but can't find one, so can you help me with my embarrassing problem?

I hate scarey films, I know it's weak, but there you go, feel better for sharing that with you alreadyWink

Problem is, I've run out of excuses. Lindsay has just informed that I have to watch a film tonight called 'Snakes on a Plane', which is on Sky Movies. It isn't going to be pleasant, the name tells me that. So excuses, PLEASE.

PS. As i'm confessing, i also can't watch films which embarrass people (know, not that sort of film), for instance, i really like Norman Wisdom films, however, I get to embarrassed for him. I know it is sad but there you go. I feel much better for sharing that with you. Wink

Stephen

Last Modified By jaspernina at 1 Sep 2007 - 5:59 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Sep 2007 - 5:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MrsS
MrsS e2 Member 74527 forum postsMrsS vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 6:03 PM

I'm a girl who CAN'T STAND "Chick Flicks"! It's always bothered me as I assume that real girlies love 'em!!

I get emarassed for Norman Wisdom, too - - to the point where I can't even watch them Wink

Cheers!

Fran x

Dugi34
Dugi34  7917 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Sep 2007 - 6:11 PM

I wouldn't worry about snakes on a plane. You will probably fall asleep, it is so bad. Paint a wall and watch that instead , much more entertaining.
Doug

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013936 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 6:12 PM

Quote:
I get emarassed for Norman Wisdom, too - - to the point where I can't even watch them

That's just good taste kicking in!
Japernina - Simply find a DIY job that "has to be done now or I won'r rhink about it for worrying" -Wink

joolsb
joolsb e2 Member 927107 forum postsjoolsb vcard Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 6:13 PM

It's very easy. No film called 'Snakes on a Plane' can be any good - after all, the title tells you all you need to know. There's a plane. There are snakes on it. It will probably crash unless the hero can kill all the snakes - which he will 'cos he's the hero and that's what heroes do. So, now you can tell your better half exactly what happens with authority. Knowing this, she'll figure out that it's going to be more fun watching something else....

In theory. Normal disclaimers apply. Not tested on animals or girlfriends... Wink

mhaseman
mhaseman  7608 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 6:19 PM

Joolsb has the answer, Stephen. Good one.

P.s. I agree with you. I find myself squirming when I watch some of the classic stuff still. Like Fawlty Towers. He gets himself in the worst predicaments. I squirm but I still love it. Sign of great entertainment.

cameracat
cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 8:29 PM

Now would be a good time to tell her you have a Snake phobia, Throw in something like " Well Ok dear, But you do have the emergency doctors number to hand don't you " Or at the very leasy some smelling salts.

If that fails, Then it has to be that all time show stopper """ I'm Sorry dear, But I Fart uncontrolably, When ever I see a Snake """ Smile

If that fails then she obviously has no sense of smell, And it's game over.....Sad

""""" Enjoy The Film """" .......Smile

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 8:31 PM

Just tell her you've been seeing someone else.

I can guarantee you won't be watching any film!

Smile

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 8:40 PM

Is there any reason why you have to watch this movie? Could you not point out to her that because you have this phobia you would much rather she enjoyed the film without having to worry about you fainting and such. That might bring out her caring side and she will either watch the film alone or insist on watching one you both enjoy.

Unless of course she has a secret phobia - and wants you to be all strong and manly so she can hang on to you at the scary bits (although there are no scary bits but you can always pretend they are ..) and see what develops ..

Smile

There is always more to these 'we much watch this film together' comments than most men realise .. ahem ..

looks nonchalant

[edit] lol Doug .. I am soooooo wanting to embroider that with a little tale of my own .. I really am .. Wink

Last Modified By SuziBlue at 1 Sep 2007 - 8:42 PM
Richardtyrrelllandscapes

Be honest and tel the truth, you will find it does not hurt..

Richie.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 8:55 PM

I told my now ex that I was scared of scary films but still we had to watch one, probably not even scary to most people but the bit in Alien where that 'thing' leaps at the glass tank it was in sent me and a full glass of red wine up in the air and back down on a new sofa... we never did watch another 'scary' Wink

jaspernina
1 Sep 2007 - 8:59 PM

Quote: Just tell her you've been seeing someone else.

I can guarantee you won't be watching any film!

LOL.

Flippin heck Doug, that would be signing my death certificate! Or perhaps she wants to trade me in for a younger model, perhaps it is a test!

Quote: I'm Sorry dear, But I Fart uncontrolably, When ever I see a Snake

That could work. Smile

Quote: Unless of course she has a secret phobia - and wants you to be all strong and manly so she can hang on to you at the scary bits (although there are no scary bits but you can always pretend they are ..) and see what develops ..

I'll be the strong moody type, just hope this film is as naff as you say Smile

Last Modified By jaspernina at 1 Sep 2007 - 9:02 PM
SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 9:01 PM

Quote: I'll be the strong moody type, just hope this film is as naff as you say

Oh good. And it is. But stand by with the comforting arm. And be manly, not moody. (Moody is not good in these circs.) Open a bottle of wine, maybe. Turn the lights down.

hehe Wink

Last Modified By SuziBlue at 1 Sep 2007 - 9:04 PM
dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108357 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
1 Sep 2007 - 9:01 PM

Quote: that would be signing my death certificate!

As I said.
I guarantee you won't be watching any film.
Smile

Graywolf
Graywolf  6964 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Sep 2007 - 9:20 PM

Quote: I hate scarey films, I know it's weak,

Me too. I hate horror movies, never watch them, and it's not weak. I hate watching those crass American kid flicks too, but that doesn't make me a scaredy cat.. I just don't see the point, oh except Tremors. That was quite entertaining.

Just be honest. Scary movies are designed to scare you, that's why you get scared, so hey it worked, but you don't like being scared by films. Nothing wrong with that, like me you probably don't like being manipulated by cheap audio visual tricks.

I bet you something else. I bet you're not a scaredy cat in real life.

Last Modified By Graywolf at 1 Sep 2007 - 9:21 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.