Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Exhibition opening.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
LeighRebecca
20 Apr 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hi all. I have been putting few images in a local community gallery in Middlesbrough for a while now (Gallery TS1 on Corporation Road), but it has just got some extra dedicated exhibition space, and I am having a month-long solo exhibition in there.
There is an opening for the exhibition on Thursday evening between 5 and 9pm, to which any of you who are local and in the area would be very welcome to come.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Apr 2009 - 11:01 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

martin_hurton
20 Apr 2009 - 12:00 PM

Hi Rebecca, sounds great, and it's nice that it is quite local to me.

Is there any charge for entry? I can't make Thursday evening (which is a shame as I shall be driving past Middlesbrough on Thursday afternoon!) but shall make an effort to visit next week.

Best of luck, Martin

LeighRebecca
20 Apr 2009 - 1:12 PM

Thanks, Martin. No charge for entry. It's a selling gallery for local artists, which is staffed by ourselves on a rota system, so please let me know if you call in on one of my shifts! Smile

martin_hurton
20 Apr 2009 - 2:36 PM

Will do. I will pop-in Thursday afternoon anyway on my way past, just for a look around. Will be between 1pm and 3pm I would expect.

LeighRebecca
20 Apr 2009 - 3:56 PM

Hi, just when I'm home in between being there in the morning and evening, I'm afraid, but the display will be up, and I'd love to hear any feedback you have on it. Thanks.

Richsr
Richsr e2 Member 790 forum postsRichsr vcard England205 Constructive Critique Points
21 Apr 2009 - 12:51 PM

Hope the exhibition goes well for you
Regards Richard.

LeighRebecca
21 Apr 2009 - 4:14 PM

Thanks Richard. I've just got in from hanging it and I'm pleased with the look overall. Sold a mounted shot while I was hanging it, so that's a good start! Smile

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 109965 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
21 Apr 2009 - 8:08 PM

Quote: Sold a mounted shot while I was hanging it, so that's a good start!

That's always a good feeling (and an omen for the rest of the exhibition wth luck)

I hope all goes well and the punters get their wallets out.

(I'm putting the finishing touches to my next exhibition and start hanging it on Thursday - so I know how much hard work you will have put in)

LeighRebecca
21 Apr 2009 - 8:53 PM

Thanks Brian, and all the best for your next exhibition.

LesF
LesF  7175 forum posts8 Constructive Critique Points
23 Apr 2009 - 7:01 AM

All the best with the exhibition Leigh, if was nearer I would certainly take look.

LesF

martin_hurton
28 Apr 2009 - 7:04 PM

I visited the gallery last thursday and was really very impressed with the quality of your work. Your treatment of colours is fantastic and looks great in large print. If I wasn't so poor right now I'd have bought a few myself that's for sure!

The only problem now (as always) is that I feel my work is nowhere near good enough!

Best of luck with the rest of the exhibition and keep up teh good work.

LeighRebecca
28 Apr 2009 - 10:11 PM

Haha, well that's praise indeed! Thankyou, I can only hope there are others who feel the same with deeper pockets! Wink

martin_hurton
14 May 2009 - 9:43 PM

Hi Leigh, how did the exhibition go? It should have been a success with the quality of work on display.

LeighRebecca
14 May 2009 - 9:50 PM

Hi Martin.
I think it will still be running until the first week in June, actually. There have been a few sales, including one that is apparently going to someone very famous (I probably shouldn't say who, as it hasn't been given yet!), which is quite thrilling.

martin_hurton
14 May 2009 - 9:57 PM

Cool, well done. I might be in touch soon regarding some images... But seeing as you are keeping things mysterious I won't say anything just yet :o) Keep an eye on your messages though, I'm having a meeting tomorrow so should have something put together over the weekend.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.