Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Exhibitions on ePZ

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
User_Removed
30 Jul 2010 - 7:31 PM

I have to say I have always felt that the exhibition part of the site was really underused. I used it a bit but it seems very hidden from view and no-one really saw anything that was put up.

I think the limit should be less than 32 images, if I read that right. More like 10, 12 images. Putting together an exhibition with limited numbers really makes you questions the value of each shot and how it works with the others in the set.

Sometimes you find that images you would normally have binned, you keep as they work well in joining the set of images together.

F**k me, was that positive. I need to sit in a dark room for an hour or so now.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Jul 2010 - 7:31 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 7:36 PM

Quote: F**k me, was that positive. I need to sit in a dark room for an hour or so now.

lol I think it was Wink

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 7:39 PM

Normally I'd agree about the number of images, but I wanted to show all the ones rather than upload each one day by day. So the limit would have prevented that. It was simply to show the other nature togs what they could expect from the place I visited, rather than a true exhibition as such.

The limit would have been fine if I'd known about it in advance.

Also it is difficult to delete images once uploaded. It appears you have to go to contributors and then use deny to remove it, which is not really intuitive.

Last Modified By csurry at 30 Jul 2010 - 7:40 PM
User_Removed
30 Jul 2010 - 8:07 PM

So you have used it more like a notice board then really which is a good use too.

I have to say (AOAP stand ready) it isn't that intuitive to use.

But, still maybe the best feature on the site.

And, maybe, the most underused.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 8:46 PM

Well you could always put your improvement suggestions to the team??? That would be positive Wink

pennyspike
pennyspike  102068 forum posts United Kingdom29 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 9:12 PM

It's a great feature but like so many of the features I wonder how many people wiew them.
I hope Cheryl's exhibition will get people looking at others as well.

answersonapostcard
30 Jul 2010 - 9:13 PM

I didnt realise there were so many, I'd like to see a thumnail of them all on one page but maybe the current one highlighted... not sure... some good stuff in there though Grin

Jestertheclown
30 Jul 2010 - 9:33 PM

Quote: I didnt realise there were so many,

I didn't realise there was an "Exhibition page" on here at all.

I've only been using the site for nearly two years.

answersonapostcard
30 Jul 2010 - 9:36 PM

Quote: I didn't realise there was an "Exhibition page" on here at all.

Why am I not surprised lol

pennyspike
pennyspike  102068 forum posts United Kingdom29 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 10:19 PM

I'm not surprised at all because as far as I can see apart from the current one on China, I can't see anything else for 2010.
Like the albums I wonder if there are any viewing figures to show whether it's worth the effort.

answersonapostcard
30 Jul 2010 - 10:24 PM

On the surface it doesnt look busy, but click on the past exhibitions and you get alot more
here

Last Modified By answersonapostcard at 30 Jul 2010 - 10:24 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 10:25 PM

Quote: I didn't realise there was an "Exhibition page" on here at all.
I've only been using the site for nearly two years.

Sheesh, next you will be telling me you didn't know there was a section for buying instruction manuals for old cameras!

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 30 Jul 2010 - 10:25 PM
Jestertheclown
30 Jul 2010 - 10:33 PM

Bizarrely Chris, I did know that.

I once found it by accident. I think I clicked on a link that someone had left in another forum thread that was nothing to do with me!

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 30 Jul 2010 - 10:33 PM
answersonapostcard
30 Jul 2010 - 10:33 PM

I feel another forum thread coming... things Jester didnt know about epz Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 10:38 PM

Quote: Bizarrely Chris, I did know that.

I didn't - Only found it when we were beta testing V4.
The site is absolutely enormous now, you can spend your entire time in one section and never be aware of the rest.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.