Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Exif files

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tanyard
    tanyard  7105 forum posts United Kingdom
    17 Sep 2012 - 10:53 PM

I download 2 cameras into separate folders, mine and my partner's.

The camera/lens combinations are different.

Has anyone ever had the exif data incorrectly saved? For example, I swear some of the rather good photos in my partner's folder were taken on my camera, that is to say, by me, but the exif data proves her camera took them.

The reason for asking the question is I noticed this had happened on some shots on a day when she didn't have her camera with her.

Aaarghh. Help. Please

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    17 Sep 2012 - 10:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    18 Sep 2012 - 10:27 AM

She's messing with your brain. Women do that!

No, seriously, I can't work our any way the "incorrect" EXIF data could become attached to an image file straight from the camera. As a matter of interest, do those that show the wrong camera details show the correct lens and exposure details?

lobsterboy
    lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
    18 Sep 2012 - 11:29 AM

What do you use to download the images ?

tanyard
    tanyard  7105 forum posts United Kingdom
    18 Sep 2012 - 2:42 PM

Thank you for your repsonses.

The first batch was downloaded with Adobe Bridge and the more recent one with Lightroom. Both showed her camera and lens

I believe the exposure information is correct.

I was prepared to believe the first batch was corect as we both took pictures at the same time and place, however, this recent batch was on a day when her camera was locked in the house. I was with her all the time we were out and would have noticed a camera surreptitiously going up to her eye.

Any thoughts appreciated

Jestertheclown
    18 Sep 2012 - 5:15 PM

Are the two cameras similar in any way; both Nikon DSLRs for example?

I just wonder if Adobe is 'reading' the camera model (not the rest of the EXIF) from a database or cache somewhere within itself and tripping itself up.

Just a thought.

Bren.

Railcam
    Railcam  7466 forum posts Scotland
    18 Sep 2012 - 6:29 PM

I use Lightroom and the Exif data for images taken with my D200 just shows D200. Images taken with my D700, the Exif shows D700 and, separately, the Serial Number of that body.

This is in both LR 3.6 and LR 4.1 so I suspect it may be a camera, not a LR pronlem.

Hence, if the bodies are the same model but are not giving their serial numbers, that might be the problem.

Not sure if this helps.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.