Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Exotic animal pets photo shoot

Hi all,
I have a number of exotic pets and was wondering about advertising them for photo shoots. Do any of you think it would be viable to set up photography opportunities to do this? I have over thirty species and you can see some of them on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92477206@N03/

Do you think photographers would be interested?

thanks
Anna

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 5 4.6k 1 Scotland
23 Jan 2013 9:20AM
Hi Anna,

You might get some interest as long as you could also provide natural environments for them to be photographed in. I notice that many of your own photos are taken against plain backgrounds which really doesn't work.

If you were thinking about "marketing" photo-opps using your animals, then I think you would have to construct a website that included sample photographs of each species in an ecologically-correct setting.

Good Luck.

cattyal e2
9 6.4k 6 England
23 Jan 2013 9:25AM
Actually I really like them on the white backgrounds but of course that's down to personal taste. Maybe a mixture of 'natural' and white backgrounds?

If I knew anyone local to me that had a good selection of beasties I'd be round there like a shot - or getting them to bring them to my home studio Smile

I do particularly like your pic of Legs all rolled up.
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 9:31AM

Quote:If I knew anyone local to me that had a good selection of beasties I'd be round there like a shot

....me too but I would prefer a more natural background as suggested by LF
....Mike
GazzaG2003 e2
11 252 England
23 Jan 2013 10:19AM
I think you have an amazing collection if they were close to me i would be there in a shot also. White background/Natural, best of both worlds Smile
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
23 Jan 2013 12:33PM
....Hi Anna...I think we'd all like to know where you're at.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.