Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

expired 35mm film

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
colingarrard
23 Jun 2011 - 10:33 AM

Looks like I've started a heated discussion.
It's good advice about storing film in a fridge and I'm going to be doing that in future.
I don't think I'll bother using expired film after all; it's not as cheap as I thought, and for unpredictable results, it's not worth bothering with.

ColinSmile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Jun 2011 - 10:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Grampy
Grampy  4507 forum posts England71 Constructive Critique Points
23 Jun 2011 - 11:02 AM

You could try artificial aging a film for a bit of fun, as freezing makes it last longer maybe leaving it in an oven might be worth a try!!Wink
Phill

Cat&Mouse
Cat&Mouse  11101 forum posts Russian Federation
23 Jun 2011 - 5:31 PM

Quote: You could try artificial aging a film for a bit of fun, as freezing makes it last longer maybe leaving it in an oven might be worth a try!!Wink
Phill

Good idea! Wink However, the best way still exist! KEEP UNEXPOSED FILM IN A REFRIGIRATOR AT 15C OR LOWER IN THE ORIGINAL SEALED PACKAGE. (c) Fujifilm Corp. Ltd.

miniman
miniman  1 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2012 - 9:58 AM

I have a dozen or more out-of-date 35mm films if anyone wants them.
Mainly Kodachrome 200, 24 or 36 exp.
Dated 2005, been stored at room temp.
Not boxed but still in plastic tubs.

Postage 3, anything you want to offer above that is up to you.
I'll wait a week, then the best offer gets them.

johntheminiman@btinternet.com - put 35mm films as subject.

Thanks

Last Modified By miniman at 20 Sep 2012 - 10:06 AM
SteveCharles
20 Sep 2012 - 2:15 PM

They might have some value as memorabilia (probably more so were they boxed), but they're essentially unusable as you can't process Kodachrome any longer.

thewilliam
20 Sep 2012 - 2:18 PM

Many years ago, one of the reps gave me some sample rolls of some well-within-date colour neg film, which I stupidly used it for a portrait session. This rep had carried her demo film stock in the boot of her car during the summer and it had been well baked. The colours were all over the place and it was nicely fogged.

Cool storage is definitely best!

miniman
20 Sep 2012 - 2:45 PM

Sorry, made an error there - I'll try again.

I have a dozen or more out-of-date 35mm films if anyone wants them.
Mainly KodaCOLOUR 200, 24 or 36 exp. (these are print films, not slide films - thank you Steve Charles for saying something that brought it to light)
Dated 2005, been stored at room temp.
Not boxed but still in plastic tubs.

Postage 3, anything you want to offer above that is up to you.
I'll wait a week, then the best offer gets them.

johntheminiman@btinternet.com - put 35mm films as subject.

Thanks

miniman
21 Sep 2012 - 2:56 PM

Hi again people

Further to my previous postings, I've now had chance to take a proper look at these films, and can now add more accurate info.

There are:
7 x 36 exp Kodak Gold 200 iso. Not boxed, but I dated the tubs as expiry 2005.
5 x 24 exp Fuji Superior Extra 400 iso. Again not boxed, but not dated either. However, they were purchased in USA in July 2007.

As I said before, I have no use for these films, so if anyone wants to take them off my hands they'll cost you 3 (to cover postage). Obviously if anyone wanted to add a little to make sure they get them ahead of anyone else the little extra would be welcomed.

I'll wait a week after anyone makes an offer, then the best offer gets them.

Drop me a line on here, or email me on johntheminiman@btinternet.com - put 35mm films as subject.

Thanks
John

nikonphotographer

I was going to pop these on eBay over the weekend, they have been stored in the freezer since buying them new, they are all out of date, but I have used out of date film 9 years passed there use by date, and never had a problem, haven't used my F80 since 2004, and don't plan on using it any day soon, so if anyone wants to make me an offer, please get in touch ....

outdated-film.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.