Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Explanation sought

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
TimMunsey
TimMunsey e2 Member 386 forum postsTimMunsey vcard United Kingdom
9 May 2011 - 1:26 PM

Come on then guys/girls why didn't this one make the gallery?

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/timmunsey-151923/gallery/photo/just-hanging-aroun...

What goes on here?

Should I be concerned?

I actually think this one is better and it didn't make the gallery either, whilst similar shots have in
the past:-

http://www.ephotozine.com/user/timmunsey-151923/gallery/photo/gannet-greeting-an...

We need consistency.

Perhaps the judge of the day should say why.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 May 2011 - 1:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

hobbo
hobbo e2 Member 3792 forum postshobbo vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2011 - 1:34 PM

I saw bot of these in the gallery soon after they were posted...................I really did mean to go back and rate the ....Puffin-in-Flight...shot.......so sorry I forgot:

I can only think that part of the problem is the thumbnail gallery..................I for one....skip through the daily postings like lightning...............usually picking up on those shots that really catch my eye:

Perhaps the gallery thumbnails could be made larger and have less per page?

(or can this be set by members??)

Hobbo

TimMunsey
TimMunsey e2 Member 386 forum postsTimMunsey vcard United Kingdom
9 May 2011 - 1:41 PM

Thanks Hobbo for your honesty, clears it up for me.

Tim

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2011 - 1:42 PM

Maybe the judge of the day just doesn't like you. Smile

Seriously, you need to stop worrying about the effects of human nature and just enjoy your photography. If you have real concerns send in a report to the team with your query, instead os starting threads which seem designed and destined to end in heated arguments.

Ian

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104040 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2011 - 1:53 PM

Don't quite get the question, they are both in the main gallery and are doing pretty well, both have RC awards and one has a user award.
There is no judge of the day and I can't see poor Pete or the Guest Editor of the week having time to look put comments on every single shot in the gallery.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022911 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2011 - 2:03 PM

The explanation is a bit technical but usually called Them's The Breaks.

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2011 - 2:47 PM

Maybe the vibes from your overwhelming humility caused it to be passed by....

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
9 May 2011 - 4:39 PM

They are both great photographs......Smile Superb in composition and technical detail......Smile

But at the end of the day, These type of images are pretty mundane, Almost ever one and his auntie has done Puffins, Many have bagged a Gannet or two.....Grin

Therefore despite the pure unadulterated brilliance of your two images.....Smile

For the most part they don't offer a wow factor, Or deliver something new that has never been seen before, Or something that would be hard for others to replicate......Sad

Then dial in the personal interest factor, Anyone not committed to bird images will cruise on by in the gallery, Irrespective of how big the thumbnails are....!

Think about it, If your a fan " Girle Pics " ( with or without clothes ) Your not going to peruse wildlife, Unless it rips your eyeballs out......Sad

Now dial in the fact that EPZ is not a wildlife specific site, Members interest and taste will vary from Macro to Fine art nude and everything in between.....!!!

If you feel your not getting the recognition your images deserve, Have a look for a wildlife dedicated site, Where the like minded may appreciate your efforts more specifically.

Quote: Seriously, you need to stop worrying about the effects of human nature and just enjoy your photography

Good advise from Ian.....Wink

Quote: Maybe the vibes from your overwhelming humility caused it to be passed by

Smile

Quote: whilst similar shots have in the past:-

So there is your answer.....Wink

Last Modified By cameracat at 9 May 2011 - 4:44 PM
strokebloke
10 May 2011 - 8:57 PM

Tim,
I must say that if I could produce shots like those, & many others in your gallery, I would be so pleased with myself, I wouldn't give a brass monkeys stuff whether anyone else liked them/voted for them/awarded them, or not.

Ian's advice is sound ~ enjoy your photography: because no matter how good you are, or how good you become, there will always be someone better.
Yet you can be assured that you'll probably always be better than me Grin

Jack

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64380 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
10 May 2011 - 9:06 PM

I think they're pretty good shots myself. I'd have been chuffed to have got anywhere near.
Exactly what sort of recognition are you after? Looks like you've had lots of interest to me.
I've often noticed though that I've missed many a good shot in the gallery, but I've no idea why. It might be a matter of timing, but we can't always see every single image and lots of excellent shots from brilliant photographers have had little or no recognition by way of clicks. It's nothing personal. Just logistics I guess.
Smile

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53584 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
11 May 2011 - 5:56 PM

Excellent shots, i'd not seen them before (like soo many others though), don't be too bothered your talent remains just as good with or without the vote.
Great camera/lens combination 500mm phew that must cost a pretty penny.
In fact looking at your gallery i've never seen these shots before, maybe your post time is different to my viewing time.
Oystercatcher is great almost animated.

Alan_Coles
30 May 2011 - 9:55 PM

Was just reading a thread abt mediocrity in the current awards gallery and after having a quick look I picked out one that got an HC that I thought was ok..but not worth an award...then I read this thread and had a look at your gallery and came across this

Excellent shot

...to be honest its the 1st time I have seen it and like many others must have missed it - but well done to the GEA (Luke Parkinson)at the time for awarding what I believe is an outstanding shot and to be honest I am totally baffled why it didn't get one of the "better" awards?

At the end of the day though its the Editors Choice and his decision is final - he will point you in the direction of his blog if you need more guidance Wink

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104017 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
31 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

Quote: and to be honest I am totally baffled why it didn't get one of the "better" awards?

'cos it's just another insect? Wink

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
31 May 2011 - 1:21 AM

Pardon me for being dense but what is the OP driving at? Every picture that gets uploaded is shown in the gallery. I'm confused.

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022911 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
31 May 2011 - 7:41 AM

He means the Guest Editors and EC/HC Gallery.

You know - the ones that matter. Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.