Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Exporting your LR4 Slideshow

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    KingBee
    KingBee e2 Member 8331 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2013 - 4:44 PM

I'm looking for a simple way to create a slideshow using LR4 which I can view on my 1080p HDTV. However, when it comes to exporting the slideshow to video (the supported file format is .mp4, "compatible with Adobe Media Player, Apple Quicktime, etc") there is nothing to tell me how I then go about creating a DVD to enable viewing on my TV. I have Scott Kelby's book on LR4 and he makes no mention of this that I can see. Am I missing something?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Jul 2013 - 4:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gundog
    Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
    15 Jul 2013 - 8:56 PM

I didn't know it was possible in Lightroom. May be wrong.

But I would suggest that, if you want to produce slideshows for export to DVD (or export to .exe files), then have a look at ProShow Gold. You can download a free trial to try it out.

Lightroom, as I understand it, produces slideshows for playing back on a PC, either viewed on a screen or via a projector.

I also find it much easier and more flexible to add music and commentary to PSG AV sequences than to Lightroom slideshows.

Last Modified By Gundog at 15 Jul 2013 - 9:00 PM
    cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 104025 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Jul 2013 - 10:49 PM

exp slideshow

Try this link Bob Smile

KingBee
    KingBee e2 Member 8331 forum postsKingBee vcard Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Jul 2013 - 8:14 AM

Thanks, Iain and Jeff. Alas, 'tis as I suspected: what I want to do is not possible in LR. Yes, I can export as video, but not for TV; and yes, I can export as JPEGs, but will then lose all transition and playback options (I've just discovered - thanks for that link, Jeff).

I know about ProShow Gold but thought it might be too fancy for my needs. I could download the free trial but apparently only from the US site - I don't know what happens about paying in USD once the trial has ended. Amazon, I note, no longer have ProShow Gold software in stock. I have Elements 10 and PowerDirector 9, and could produce slideshows with those - certainly with the latter - and then burn to DVD. But playback/presentational options with both are limited. I'm looking for a happy medium between these programs and PSG, and I fear I am not going to find it.

So, it looks like PSG or similar is the way to go, and then I just use the features I want/need (bit like using Photoshop, really .........).

Anyway, thanks again for these helpful responses.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.