Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Expressions that annoy you

RogBrown e2
7 3.0k 10 England
7 Oct 2012 7:42PM
Don't watch it then yeah? Tongue

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Glynn e2
8 1.2k 1 England
8 Oct 2012 12:49PM
"Will keep you in the loop" Arrrrrggggghhhhhh !! Tongue
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
8 Oct 2012 3:02PM
"Let me just run this up the flagpole for you..."
"Let me run that past you one more time..."

I ask you, why?
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
8 Oct 2012 4:04PM
"Can I get" rather than "May I have"

and

"Would of", "Should of" and "Must of"............... where "of" is being used instead of "have".
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
8 Oct 2012 4:10PM

Quote:"Would of", "Should of" and "Must of"............... where "of" is being used instead of "have".

Do they not teach grammar in schools these days.

It was never my best subject at school and is probably still my weakness in writing / speach Sad
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2012 4:15PM
Having just joined a (US-based) project team I am delighted to know that I have been 'on-boarded'.
Is this some sort of torture induction for newbies?
Phoenix e2
13 1.9k
8 Oct 2012 4:28PM

Quote:Having just joined a (US-based) project team I am delighted to know that I have been 'on-boarded'.
Is this some sort of torture induction for newbies?

Better that than being water-boarded
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
8 Oct 2012 4:40PM
Ahhh, corporate-speak. Such a rich seam of annoyance...

Where I work they don't just have meetings. They have stand-ups, sit-ins, brown bags, chalk-talks, town halls, whiteboards, scrums, kick-offs, think tanks... Projects have 'task forces' and 'control towers'. And, of course, there's on-boarding. Somedays I wonder if I'm going slowly insane... Wink
RichardN00 e2
8 430 1 United Kingdom
8 Oct 2012 7:25PM
So, going forward, we've got to push the envelope, think outside the box, do some blue sky thinking and take a helicopter view.

After gathering the low hanging fruit first we've going to have to put our shoulders to the wheel, keep our ears to the ground and with the best foot forward look to the future.

I want everyone to give 110%, it's not going to be easy but at the end of the day, we are where we are.
macroman e2
11 15.3k England
8 Oct 2012 7:42PM
We had a range of basic products that sold consistently and generated plenty of sales/profit, marketting referred to them as 'cash cows', perhaps they were milking the customers instead. Grin
macroman e2
11 15.3k England
16 Oct 2012 9:02PM
Heard a new one today:

Someone on TV was talking about a new report on something or other (can't remember what it it is..
Anyway in his reply regarding what will be done with the data, he said something to the effect of "when we have studied the DNA of the report we will blah, blah, blah........" .

DNA???? what the H*** is he on about?

I suppose they'll all be on the bandwagon now, DNA this, DNA the other.
mdpontin e2
10 6.0k Scotland
16 Oct 2012 9:08PM

Quote:They have...brown bags...

Ah, that explains it. I noticed an email today from one of our directors, referring to "brown bag" sessions. I have no idea what that means, though I suspect I'll find out in due course. Tongue
rogerfry e2
9 525 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 9:21PM

Quote:They have...brown bags...
Ah, that explains it. I noticed an email today from one of our directors, referring to "brown bag" sessions. I have no idea what that means, though I suspect I'll find out in due course. Tongue

Just googled it, and apparently it's the term for an informal lunch-time meeting where no food is provided.....hence the brown bag for your own sandwiches etc.

What a wonderful world we live in!
macroman e2
11 15.3k England
16 Oct 2012 9:34PM
What happens if your bag is white, blue or any other colour?
Do you have to go to a different meeting? Grin

"I'm having a pink bag session with TG this lunchtime." Grin
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 9:45PM

Quote:apparently it's the term for an informal lunch-time meeting where no food is provided.....hence the brown bag for your own sandwiches etc.

We had a new manager who announced at a team meeting that there was a brown bag meeting coming up and asking who was going.
Before anyone could say anything my colleague Rick just said "f*ck that, its my lunchtime. Its bad enough having to spend time with this lot when I'm paid for it, I'm not doing it when I'm not".
The rest of us agreed with this sentiment and that was the last time that idea got raised!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.