Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Expressions that annoy you

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

RogBrown
RogBrown  73001 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
7 Oct 2012 - 7:42 PM

Don't watch it then yeah? Tongue

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Oct 2012 - 7:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Glynn
Glynn  81169 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 12:49 PM

"Will keep you in the loop" Arrrrrggggghhhhhh !! Tongue

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43821 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 3:02 PM

"Let me just run this up the flagpole for you..."
"Let me run that past you one more time..."

I ask you, why?

Last Modified By saltireblue at 8 Oct 2012 - 3:03 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 4:04 PM

"Can I get" rather than "May I have"

and

"Would of", "Should of" and "Must of"............... where "of" is being used instead of "have".

JJGEE
JJGEE  96284 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 4:10 PM

Quote: "Would of", "Should of" and "Must of"............... where "of" is being used instead of "have".

Do they not teach grammar in schools these days.

It was never my best subject at school and is probably still my weakness in writing / speach Sad

Last Modified By JJGEE at 8 Oct 2012 - 4:10 PM
mikehit
mikehit  56298 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 4:15 PM

Having just joined a (US-based) project team I am delighted to know that I have been 'on-boarded'.
Is this some sort of torture induction for newbies?

Phoenix
Phoenix  131871 forum posts
8 Oct 2012 - 4:28 PM

Quote: Having just joined a (US-based) project team I am delighted to know that I have been 'on-boarded'.
Is this some sort of torture induction for newbies?

Better that than being water-boarded

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
8 Oct 2012 - 4:40 PM

Ahhh, corporate-speak. Such a rich seam of annoyance...

Where I work they don't just have meetings. They have stand-ups, sit-ins, brown bags, chalk-talks, town halls, whiteboards, scrums, kick-offs, think tanks... Projects have 'task forces' and 'control towers'. And, of course, there's on-boarding. Somedays I wonder if I'm going slowly insane... Wink

RichardN00
8 Oct 2012 - 7:25 PM

So, going forward, we've got to push the envelope, think outside the box, do some blue sky thinking and take a helicopter view.

After gathering the low hanging fruit first we've going to have to put our shoulders to the wheel, keep our ears to the ground and with the best foot forward look to the future.

I want everyone to give 110%, it's not going to be easy but at the end of the day, we are where we are.

Last Modified By RichardN00 at 8 Oct 2012 - 7:26 PM
macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
8 Oct 2012 - 7:42 PM

We had a range of basic products that sold consistently and generated plenty of sales/profit, marketting referred to them as 'cash cows', perhaps they were milking the customers instead. Grin

macroman
16 Oct 2012 - 9:02 PM

Heard a new one today:

Someone on TV was talking about a new report on something or other (can't remember what it it is..
Anyway in his reply regarding what will be done with the data, he said something to the effect of "when we have studied the DNA of the report we will blah, blah, blah........" .

DNA???? what the H*** is he on about?

I suppose they'll all be on the bandwagon now, DNA this, DNA the other.

mdpontin
mdpontin  106016 forum posts Scotland
16 Oct 2012 - 9:08 PM

Quote: They have...brown bags...

Ah, that explains it. I noticed an email today from one of our directors, referring to "brown bag" sessions. I have no idea what that means, though I suspect I'll find out in due course. Tongue

rogerfry
rogerfry e2 Member 8504 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
16 Oct 2012 - 9:21 PM

Quote: They have...brown bags...
Ah, that explains it. I noticed an email today from one of our directors, referring to "brown bag" sessions. I have no idea what that means, though I suspect I'll find out in due course. Tongue

Just googled it, and apparently it's the term for an informal lunch-time meeting where no food is provided.....hence the brown bag for your own sandwiches etc.

What a wonderful world we live in!

macroman
16 Oct 2012 - 9:34 PM

What happens if your bag is white, blue or any other colour?
Do you have to go to a different meeting? Grin

"I'm having a pink bag session with TG this lunchtime." Grin

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014126 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
16 Oct 2012 - 9:45 PM

Quote: apparently it's the term for an informal lunch-time meeting where no food is provided.....hence the brown bag for your own sandwiches etc.

We had a new manager who announced at a team meeting that there was a brown bag meeting coming up and asking who was going.
Before anyone could say anything my colleague Rick just said "f*ck that, its my lunchtime. Its bad enough having to spend time with this lot when I'm paid for it, I'm not doing it when I'm not".
The rest of us agreed with this sentiment and that was the last time that idea got raised!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.