Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

  • NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here


Expressions that annoy you


Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
4 Nov 2012 2:31PM
Mine's three-quarters. Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
4 Nov 2012 4:24PM

Quote:That old cliche "glass half empty or glass half full"?

Well I always keep mine FullWink



An accountant doesn't care whether it's half empty or half full provided he's able to downsize the glass.
"Scuse me"
joolsb e2
10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
4 Nov 2012 8:43PM

Quote:An accountant doesn't care whether it's half empty or half full provided he's able to downsize the glass.


A lawyer doesn't care whether it's half empty or half full provided he's able to sue the landlord for serving short measure.
Taff e2
10 59 Scotland
5 Nov 2012 12:58PM
I'm going off topic, but Cameracat made me think of something!

What I really, really hate is when you type the word 'Colour' in Word or Outlook (Even this pigging post!!!!!) and it get's underlined as an error because of the flipping U. The Queen's English says there's a U in colour, (Arrgh, it's done it again), we all know there's a 'U' in colour, but oh no, Mr Microsoft only gave us the Option of 'US' or 'International' English - We invented the bloody thing, so how come there's not a 'Queen's English' version?

And don't even get me started on SecoUnd

Oooh, I could crush a grape!
mohikan22 e2
10 2.3k 1 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2012 1:12PM
^^ im with hiim!
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
5 Nov 2012 1:45PM

Quote:What I really, really hate is when you type the word 'Colour' in Word or Outlook (Even this pigging post!!!!!) and it get's underlined as an error because of the flipping U. The Queen's English says there's a U in colour, (Arrgh, it's done it again), we all know there's a 'U' in colour, but oh no, Mr Microsoft only gave us the Option of 'US' or 'International' English - We invented the bloody thing, so how come there's not a 'Queen's English' version[


Yes there is - you just have theproofing language set wrong on the document. Here is how you change it in Office 2010 - there are similar options in all the other versions.
Snapster e2
2 133 England
5 Nov 2012 7:28PM
At work today a sales guy explained that their product was "almost unique".
I pointed out that almost means it's not, and was told that I'm "picky".
He's not getting any work from me!!!
User_Removed 2 155 2 South Africa
5 Nov 2012 8:58PM
oh lord English as she is spoke .... and other evidence of the general lack of both intelligence and education.
Tooth e2
9 5.8k 227 Ireland
5 Nov 2012 9:52PM

Quote:oh lord English as she is spoke


/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\


Quote:evidence of the general lack of both intelligence and education.
.

Indeed - inadequate capitalisation, no punctuation, incorrect grammar -typical!

Wink Tongue
hobbo e2
3 892 2 England
5 Nov 2012 10:12PM
THE WIFE!

Just like referring to..........THE DOG.......

......It's just not on.

I ave the bruises to prove it.

Hobbo
Rogerex e2
8 31 12 Australia
6 Nov 2012 12:07AM
This is probably more amusing than annoying. The following words are on a certificate which I received from the Australian government, for Sales Tax exemption.

This Certificate of Registration shall remain in force until -
(a) in the case of a natural person - death or bankruptcy of the person;
(b) in the case of a person other than a natural person - dissolution of the person;

Since then Sales Tax has been replaced by a Goods and Services Tax.
thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
6 Nov 2012 9:49AM

Quote:This is probably more amusing than annoying. The following words are on a certificate which I received from the Australian government, for Sales Tax exemption.

This Certificate of Registration shall remain in force until -
(a) in the case of a natural person - death or bankruptcy of the person;
(b) in the case of a person other than a natural person - dissolution of the person;

Since then Sales Tax has been replaced by a Goods and Services Tax.



A limited company is considered to be a "person" under English law.

Quaint but makes perfect sense
"The Wife"

If I say "My wife" I could be told that she is not my possession.

On the other hand I'm "her husband" Grin

"To Have and to Hold"

I have all the bills and she holds all the money Wink

However, you mustn't take life too seriously Smile
12 Nov 2012 3:39PM
Can't see the wood for the trees:

Try photographing chameleons Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.