Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Expressions that annoy you

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
User_Removed
6 Apr 2010 - 3:06 AM

Every cliché uttered by some manager of a football team after a game, shut the feck up!

People who end a sentence with and that or even annat, and people who say something then end the sentence with, so...........,

yes, so? So what? Finish the bloody sentence then! GrRr!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Apr 2010 - 3:06 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AlanPerkins
6 Apr 2010 - 10:13 AM

General Election

Fed up with it already!

JohnParminter

Nice Pic and Great Shot are a couple of expressions that are arguably over used....... Wink

I cringe when folk wrongly use the words already or period at the end of a sentance, such as "Come on, hurry up or we will be late, already" or " It was the most amazing thing I ever saw. Period."

Sad

Last Modified By JohnParminter at 6 Apr 2010 - 3:00 PM
Bridgelayer
6 Apr 2010 - 4:40 PM

Working for the Police and facing the public over the front desk, "Well what it is, yeh!" is the most used phrase when the lies are going to follow.

My usual reply to that is, "Well what it is yeh, is that you haven't got any insurance for your car!"

SadSad

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
6 Apr 2010 - 4:45 PM

How many actually recognise themselves when they check back on these pages? I'm afraid I'm guilty of saying "absolutely" a lot of the time and punctuating my sentences with the word "so". I know I do it, I don't like doing it, but years of (generally un-noticed) habit is hard to break.

Last Modified By fraser at 6 Apr 2010 - 4:45 PM
janeez
janeez e2 Member 61182 forum postsjaneez vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 1:31 AM

A great man I used to work for was on the phone one day to a very efficient person who politely asked him "...and can I have your name please?" to which he replied "you can if you like but what am I going to call myself when you've got it?" She didn't find it funny!

Why is it that when anyone tells you something they have to keep saying "does that make sense?" after every sentence!

mattw
mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 10:02 AM

Quote: How many actually recognise themselves when they check back on these pages? I'm afraid I'm guilty of saying "absolutely" a lot of the time and punctuating my sentences with the word "so". I know I do it, I don't like doing it, but years of (generally un-noticed) habit is hard to break.

I don't have a problem with occasional use of any of the above - it's when they are used ad nauseam they become annoying

strawman
strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 11:06 AM

Quote: How many actually recognise themselves when they check back on these pages?

For sure, I can tell you this, that I am guilty of re-using standard phrases, but in the fullness of time, and with consideration of how I break up my sentences, I am so set on not doing that again.

Do you know what I mean?

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225751 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 12:52 PM

Quote: Do you know what I mean?

'arry? Wink

fraser
fraser  10631 forum posts Scotland14 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 12:58 PM

Quote: For sure, I can tell you this, that I am guilty of re-using standard phrases, but in the fullness of time, and with consideration of how I break up my sentences, I am so set on not doing that again.

Do you know what I mean?

Written by Graeme Souness by any chance?Grin

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 3:09 PM

whatever...

spaceman
spaceman  105166 forum posts Wales3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Apr 2010 - 9:13 PM

"Get a life". Hate that.

Quote: How many actually recognise themselves when they check back on these pages?

Well, there are a finite number of words/phrases available so it's impossible not to re-use them.

Billlee
Billlee  85531 forum posts England
7 Apr 2010 - 9:15 PM

Quote:

Well, there are a finite number of words/phrases available so it's impossible not to re-use them.

"Go Create"

davey_griffo
8 Apr 2010 - 10:45 AM

Most Americanisms... Awesome, Dude, be-atch (since we don't pronounce it like that anyway), guys (especially when half or more of the people being spoken to are girls), way something (cool, etc), & many more besides.

It's not that they're bad as such, it's just that British sound so stupid saying them. We don't even know what half of them mean, since they're American specific, like baseball or football terms (touching base!!?!).

Leave them in the movies, & stick with the language we've always had.

davey_griffo
8 Apr 2010 - 10:51 AM

"To die for". What's the point? If you're dead it's no bleedin' good to you anyway!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.