Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Eyepiece magnifier

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    brownargus
    9 Jul 2008 - 9:33 AM

Has anyone any experience of using a Pentax O-ME53 eyepiece magnifier? I understand that this is compatible with the K10D, but I also understand that the Nikon DK21-M is also compatible and may be easier to obtain! Any comments welcome.

John

Last Modified By brownargus at 9 Jul 2008 - 9:38 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Jul 2008 - 9:33 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    9 Jul 2008 - 12:34 PM

Have search on eBay for 'Seagull' magnifiers John. They're quite good.

kenp
    kenp  896 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Jul 2008 - 7:13 PM

Haven't used one but I've thought about it!........SRS Microsystems have them in stock...49.99!.................

Chrism8
    Chrism8  7743 forum posts England13 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Jul 2008 - 7:18 PM

I've had mine from an ebay supplier for well under half that amount.

Not something I use that often, but when needed, it's great.

Chris

brownargus
    10 Jul 2008 - 2:25 PM

Thanks for the comments. I saw that a genuine Pentax one was available from the Pentax Club with 10% off for members (27 + post) so I have ordered one. Will post a comment on how I get on with it! I have also ordered a Seagull 2.3x magnifier from Gadget Infinity (55 USD) (Hong Kong) including postage.

John

Last Modified By brownargus at 10 Jul 2008 - 2:27 PM
    brownargus
    11 Jul 2008 - 4:30 PM

Quote: I have also ordered a Seagull 2.3x magnifier from Gadget Infinity (55 USD) (Hong Kong) including postage.

I have received the Seagull product from Hong Kong and it does what it says! However, on first looking at it, it is really only going to be suitable for stationary items, e.g. flowers, and not for wildlife macros - it will be too limiting since only the central portion of the screen is visible and too slow for active creatures such as butterflies and dragonflies!

brownargus
    19 Jul 2008 - 3:21 PM

Quote: I saw that a genuine Pentax one was available from the Pentax Club with 10% off for members (27 + post) so I have ordered one. Will post a comment on how I get on with it!

Have received the Pentax Eyepiece Magnifier promptly from Pentax Club and used it today. It is excellent and whilst the magnification is modest (only 1.18%) it does enable more accurate focusing when shooting macros. Also, there is no vignetting on my K10D and I can also see the LED read out at the bottom of the viewfinder.

John

Last Modified By Moderator Team at 20 Jul 2008 - 9:33 AM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.