Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

F1 and Team Orders

montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 4:33AM
What does Ferrari stand for?

Forever Engineering Race Results And Refusing Inquiries.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 7:25AM
Not a fan then? Wink
montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 7:36AM
lol answersonapostcard.

Massa deserved to win. His face and body language said it all at the cringeworthy interviews with all 3 drivers after the race.

The public expect to see a race - not a team managed parade to the chequered flag.

Shameful behaviour by team Ferrari.

Commiserations to Massa - he was sidelined to satisfy a petulant Alonso and ordered to breach the rule book by his own team.

In any other sport this would be called "race fixing".

What if you'd placed a bet on Massa to win?
Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 7:44AM
Didn't they just get fined $100,000 for it. They deny it, but are not going to contest the fine. Yeah right.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 7:45AM
Dont understand a £100,000 fine and the result still stands.

If Massa had'nt let Ahlonso past he probably had phoned him Mum crying "Mummy they would'nt let me winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn". As he did with his last team.............
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
26 Jul 2010 7:50AM
It was a bit of a farce

Its clear that team orders exist all through the paddock (to some degree) & its also clear that there is a rule stating ‘no team orders’ permitted.
This was so blatant that it brought the sport into disrepute (although it doesn’t make me any happier when I can’t spot instances where team orders are employed)

So what do the FIA do now? Not just with Ferrari but also with the rule itself
Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 7:56AM
Remove the driver's championship and just have constructors ?
ripleysalien e2
8 1.2k 11 United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 8:00AM
Massa did the right thing..................... he let us all know he had been given an order, he could have "made an error" but didnt, I had been a huge Ferrari fan since Damon Hill retired and I followed Shcummi, I cant stand Alonso who ever he drives for, hes a whinging git.

Im sure Coultard did the same in Aus one year, he was told to let Mika pass him, he did it after the last corner on the last lap so eveyone knew he could have won.

Ferrari are a law unto themselves, its not fair and its not right.
This is the only time I would agree with Eddie Jordan, he made it clear where he stood.

Ban radio comms, they will have a code on the pit board, or even hand signals.
If they choose they "will have trouble " on the tyre change to hold a guy back.

FERRARI YOU SUCK...............
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
26 Jul 2010 8:18AM
I fear the solution is to acknowledge that it is a team sport and that the constructers title is more important to the teams than the drivers title will ever be

Wonder what stance the bookies will take on ppl who were betting on Massa to win!

As it is Ferrari could have brought both cars in after the switch and just paid the £100,000 fine, took the 1-2 result and we wouldn’t have had to watch a 20 lap farce
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
26 Jul 2010 8:21AM

Quote:it is a team sport and that the constructers title is more important to the teams than the drivers title will ever be

That is right.
I think David Couthard said the right thing:
Ultimately, they are racing for the constructers, so they should do the right thing for the team.
Yes, it is wrong as the rule says so. Maybe the rule needs to be looked at again?
montechoro e2
12 2.3k 2 United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 8:23AM

Quote:
Ferrari are a law unto themselves, its not fair and its not right.
This is the only time I would agree with Eddie Jordan, he made it clear where he stood.

FERRARI YOU SUCK...............

In a nut shell.
Photogeek e2
9 605 6 Wales
26 Jul 2010 9:46AM
If this is a 'Team' 'sport' then surely after qualifying the fastest driver from each team should be allowed to race . . . that would put 12 cars on the track and no danger of team orders.

$100,000 fine to the richest team in F1, like that matters, and as one of the other drivers pointed out . . . . "If they go on and win the Drivers/constructors championship they will think it's worth it"

Yesterday I thought that the result should have been reversed and Ferrari stripped of the race points for the constructors title. . . .Today The result should be reversed and Ferrari banned from the constructors title for this year, like Maclaren were when they brought the sport into disrepute, in Hamilton's first season through alleged industrial espionage. This was a deliberate flagrant, public obvious breach of rule 39 section 1, which bans team orders and specifically has wording to the effect that it brings the sport into disrepute.

If Moseley had still been president then nothing would have happened . . . with Jean Todt in power I'm not sure . . . he is ex Ferrari which may mean that a higher penalty may be imposed to show his impartiality . . . or everything may well stay the same . . .
Big Bri e2
13 15.7k United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 10:09AM

Quote:I fear the solution is to acknowledge that it is a team sport and that the constructers title is more important to the teams than the drivers title will ever be

This isn't true. If they are only interested in the constructor's title, it wouldn't matter to them which order their drivers finished. The fact is, they want their driver to win the driver's title, which means prioritising one driver over the other, so he always gets the better of the two scores. So, do away with the driver's title, or just run one car per team, as mentioned above. Or run a relay - one car pits, the other comes out.
john64 e2
10 824 England
26 Jul 2010 10:47AM

Quote:If they are only interested in the constructor's title, it wouldn't matter to them which order their drivers finished.

What Bri said.

The fine is not even a slap on the wrist to Ferrari. How many road cars do they need to sell to get $100k ??

The profit they got from their cheating was to have Alonso gain more championship points, so the fine should be in line with that, ie. take the points back off Alonso so that their little exercise gained nothing. He should then be made to start the next race from the back of the grid as a penalty.

Just my two p's worth

Edit: I'd just like to congratulate Valentino Rossi on his remarkable comeback yesterday gaining a podium spot just seven weeks after breaking his leg as Mugello.
collywobles e2
10 3.4k 9 United Kingdom
26 Jul 2010 10:51AM

Quote:Remove the driver's championship and just have constructors ?

Not such a bad idea at all.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.