Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Facebook gaffe?

thatmanbrian 3 342 3 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2011 11:09AM
In the Radio Times is a brief trail for the BBC documentary "Inside Facebook" shown last night. The article gives an interesting excerpt from an interview with head of public policy, Elliot Schrage.

"... [the] query about privacy and advertising leaves Schrage stumped. 'Well, it, I suppose, when you, so let's pause.. [long pause] That's an interesting... [longer pause] I'm... You're asking a profound question," he burbles, in a revealing gaffe"

Hmm......

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
5 Dec 2011 2:57PM

Quote:Facebook gaffe?

Not a gaffe, Emily Maitlis just stunned him with, what I thought was quite an absolutely brilliant clever / probing question.

There was no need for an answer, his silence done that ! !

It was to do with clicking the "Like" button for a product and then Facebook telling all your friends.

ePHOTOzine does something vaguely similar ... if you use Nikon, then the Nikon Nation logo automatically appears against your image uploads.

Following Facebook's reasoning you are endorsing the product by using that product and should therefore be happy to be associated with / advertise it.

Emily's take on this was that whilst you may like / use something you may not want to appear to be advertising it.
SlowSong e2
6 4.6k 29 England
5 Dec 2011 4:00PM
Yes, it was a very telling exchange. But what an extraordinary story.
User_Removed 10 3.3k 4 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2011 10:38PM
I know some poetic licence was used but I thought the movie The Social Network was brilliant. Whether or not you like Facebook it's a fab film.
BigRick 9 2.1k 3 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2011 11:07PM

Quote:I know some poetic licence was used but I thought the movie The Social Network was brilliant. Whether or not you like Facebook it's a fab film.

agreed..... and to think that it all started in his dorm room with a laptop.... and now they are just about to float it on the stock market, at an estimated worth of $100 billion !!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.