Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Facebook photography page

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
edsephiroth
21 Jul 2010 - 12:23 PM

Is here: Another State Of Mind
Please take a look.Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Jul 2010 - 12:23 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

edsephiroth
21 Jul 2010 - 12:24 PM

Link is here:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Another-State-Of-Mind-Urban-Exploration/1107388856...

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jul 2010 - 12:26 PM

Would be good to see some of your new work on ePHOTOzine Smile

edsephiroth
21 Jul 2010 - 12:29 PM

People here generally don't seem very interested in my work, as you can see its not especially popular and I don't think it's the right kind of photography for this site (certain types of photos seem very popular, others not), but I thought seemed worth mentioning even if only a few people were interested.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jul 2010 - 12:36 PM

Admiration grows. I think your work could encourage others to post similar. We have an urbex group started too but it's quiet at the moment. All to be encouraged.

I don't quite understand your popularity thinking either. On epz some of your pics have between 8 and 20 votes, on your facebook you have 21 votes for a compete set. Individually there are few comments?

Pete
21 Jul 2010 - 12:40 PM

Here's a good example
Facebook 5 like it 4 commented.

Same shot on ePHOTOzine 14 like it 8 commented.

Also notice the difference in sharpness - the facebook version is as soft as ****

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jul 2010 - 12:44 PM

Plus some of us can't access Facebook from our office computers Smile

I love urbex stuff and wish I knew of any places near me I could visit and had someone to go with (as I don't fancy falling through the floorboards somewhere with no-one to help me out!)

edsephiroth
21 Jul 2010 - 1:13 PM

Well I appreciate your positive approach Pete - and I don't mean to put this site down at all, have enjoyed it very much, got involved in some good threads, received and given lots of constructive feedback, I just feel it buckles under the weight of its own popularity in some ways, so unless you're constantly active and/or posting every day, your work is buried very quickly.

Good to see someone has started a page for that though (and yes I must admit I stopped really paying attention so long ago you couldn't even do things like that back then!) - I have added some shots of my own and hope to see it thrive.

Whereabouts are you Cattyal? Perhaps I can help...with the locations at least, as for your social issues and floorboard fears, well there are other forums to deal with thatGrin

Pete
21 Jul 2010 - 1:23 PM

Thanks Ed...good to see you joined that group Smile. I've added a pic now too. Like all things nothing works unless you make it work...sadly that's a quiet group at the moment. It just needs a few to make it live. Just like any site. The only reason facebook works is people spend time making it work. Same here.

Quote: with the locations at least, as for your social issues and floorboard fears, well there are other forums to deal with that

lol it's quite unnerving when you step on an area of the floor and it bows down! Also climbing staircases that feel unstable takes some doing too. Especially all the way up to the top of a clock tower!

edsephiroth
21 Jul 2010 - 1:43 PM

Well I got bored here because it didn't feel like much was happening that was relevant to me and my style of photography (despite being around every day and quite active), but it's an issue where I'll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Pete
21 Jul 2010 - 1:58 PM

Quote: Well I got bored here because it didn't feel like much was happening that was relevant to me and my style of photography

I know what you mean...
It's interesting to see the groups in action. The Urbex group has much potential yet it's stagnant - unlike the Reality group which is always busy.

ripleysalien
21 Jul 2010 - 2:00 PM

I followed the link to facebook, the work, ( your photography ) is stunning.

I think a lot of people dont understand the HDR process, but maybe you could share some know how.

Steve

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014794 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jul 2010 - 4:37 PM

join the HDR group - it's one of the busiest so far, so hopefully when you join in you'll get more of a reaction than you're used to

I want it to be a positive and helpful area so hope you join

cattyal
cattyal e2 Member 96032 forum postscattyal vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jul 2010 - 6:24 PM

I'm in Gloucestershire Ed - Cheltenham to be more precise.......

edsephiroth
27 Jul 2010 - 9:52 AM

Pete and Ade - yeah I may have to look into the other groups then, as even the guy who started the Urbex page doesn't seem to be bothered about it now he's done it, can't even make the effort to respond to anything - I think my Facebook page (with a reasonably healthy 740 members) is busy because I make the effort to respond to people and make them feel welcome and that any effort they make to keep the page lively are acknowledged.
Shame, but there you goSmile

Ripleysalien - thanks, glad you like it!Grin The HDR argument has been done to death all over the web, but I guess my guiding principle is that the fact its HDR (like all tricks and techniques) shouldn't be the first thing you notice, I try to keep it reasonably subtle even if you can still tell. The way I process my RAW files tends to seem to often make people think I'm using HDR when I'm not though.

Cattayal - Hmmm, I must admit its not an area I've explored in that capacity - perhaps Talgarth in Wales? There's masses of stuff near Bristol and Cardiff too. I'm looking at doing a run from Cardiff up to the north coast and there's loads that way. Look harder! Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.