Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Fake Ice Cubes

pali 11 10
26 Aug 2003 4:15PM
Hi

Im trying to set up a shoot involving ice cubes. Im anticipating a lot of shots to get what Im after, so Ive decided to try fake ice cubes, but Im having difficult sourcing a supplier in the UK - can anyone recommend a supplier / got any advice ?

Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

simonf 11 108
26 Aug 2003 4:32PM
The only place i have seen these is in the Calumet catalogue - try their website www.calumetphoto.com
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
26 Aug 2003 4:32PM
An Italian company did have distribution in the UK through Calumet I think. Although I couldn't see anything in their current online it would be worth making contact with them. www.calumetphoto.com
pali 11 10
26 Aug 2003 4:44PM
Thanks very much for the quick and helpful response...Ill check it out
csurry 12 9.2k 92
26 Aug 2003 5:05PM
I just bought some from a local garden centre 99p for 12. They are for decorative display with candles etc. Sure a similar supplier in your area would be a lot cheaper than calumet.
mad-dogs 12 2.2k England
26 Aug 2003 8:49PM
Try theatrical suppliers from Yellow pages or an internet search.

Try - www.allplastics.co.uk/fakeice.htm

... but make sure you are sitting before you check the price!

They supply an amazing range of products from filter gels to sugar bottles and glasses.

There is also a gel version of ice cubes rather than the acrylic ones. The gel is like a crystal until it is placed in water where it swells up into the shape of ice cubes.
BOB S 12 2.6k
26 Aug 2003 9:23PM
If you really want to go for realism make sure that the ice cubes you go for float in water - some I saw once sank to the bottom of the glass and looked really freaky.

BOB
pali 11 10
27 Aug 2003 3:51PM
Thanks everyone - lots of useful stuff

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.