Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fake lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

User_Removed
18 Jan 2012 - 4:58 PM

Things like fake watches, fragrances, clothes etc have a huge market as most people are potential customers.

The market for fake Canon lenses is tiny in comparison and I don't believe they exist. I've seen nothing in this thread or elsewhere to convince me otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
18 Jan 2012 - 4:58 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2012 - 5:00 PM

See Here make of it what you will?

Also Here

Ade

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 18 Jan 2012 - 5:09 PM
mikehit
mikehit  56462 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2012 - 5:33 PM

From the first link:

Quote: A spokeswoman for Trafford Trading Standards revealed “’People may be able to tell if they’ve been sold a fake case because they are poor in quality, all look the same with varying branding and were sold in clear plastic bags via an online auction site which Canon and its registered suppliers do not sell through.”

That seems to me to be a case of cheap lenses with the Canon name added to them which I am sure happens a fair bit. Theearly fake perfume was any old cat pee with a fake name on it (similarly a cheap sweatshirt with BOSS stuck on it or watch with 'Rolex'). That market developed to include reasonable purpose-made facsimiles of genuine perfume/sweatshirts/watches.

I believe this thread started off by saying the lens looked like a Nikon complete with box and paperwork, suggesting someone was purposefully going to the trouble of Nikon lookalikes which, I agree with Chris seems less viable

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114521 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
18 Jan 2012 - 5:38 PM

I'm not in disagreement Mike, I was merely pointing out the fact that there has been and note the emphasis on the "A". A case of whereby fake lenses have been found, whether they might be Canon or Nikon I don't think is really of any consequence.

Ade Smile

User_Removed
18 Jan 2012 - 8:31 PM

I've read the first link and it's a rubbish story from some rubbish website, the only quote goes on about fake cases "People may be able to tell if they’ve been sold a fake case because they are poor in quality, all look the same with varying branding and were sold in clear plastic bags via an online auction site which Canon and its registered suppliers do not sell through"

The second story is even more inconclusive.

I think at best there may have been some grey imports among the TWENTY THOUSAND fake camera bags.

Far from convinced by those links.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.