Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Fake News Photograph

ella 11 43
10 Apr 2003 8:33PM
With the funerals this week of friends that we lost in this war - it is only too real for me. However, when my husband is serving in areas of conflict as he has including the gulf, afganistan, mozambique, sierra leonne etc. I am glued to the news - desperately trying to keep up with the latest situation or even maybe getting a glimpse of him.

Unfortunatley when things have taken a turn for the worst, the media get the information to us before the miliatry contacts do, and often it is wrong and misleading. It causes unnecessary upset and panic.

When the crash happened recently, one of the wives was desperately phoning other wives trying to find out what was going on having seen about the crash on the news - she found out several hours later that her husband had died. This news is important, but delaying it until the families have been informed would have helped her and not harmed the general public.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.