Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fast Flash

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jamdown
    jamdown  4
    23 Aug 2010 - 6:12 PM

I have a problem taking fast pictures when using my FL50 R flash. I have to wait for the flash to recharge each time I want to take a picture.

Anyone had the same problem and know how to get around it without having to buy something expensive like the SHV-1 Flash high voltage set?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    23 Aug 2010 - 6:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93453 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Aug 2010 - 6:27 PM

Welcome to the site.

It really depends how fast you're talking, and if it's in bright sunlight or not. If it's bright, or you're using high speed sync flash, and using a full dump of power, then you usually will have to wait for a recharge. How long are you having to wait?

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315384 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    23 Aug 2010 - 10:07 PM

What batteries are you using and how old are they.

That unit re-charges pretty quick, I often use mine in the studio and recharge times have never been an issue.

jamdown
    jamdown  4
    24 Aug 2010 - 9:09 AM

I use Duracel battaries and the wait is pretty long. Indoors, we are looking at something like about 10 seconds.

southsnapper
    24 Aug 2010 - 1:37 PM

I use Duracell and Everready re-chargeable in a Sony flash, cycle times are very quick and I can usually get 4 fires with out recycling on burst mode.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.