Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fast zoom lens for full frame

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    frankiej
    frankiej  3 United Kingdom
    22 Jan 2013 - 2:42 PM

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a fast zoom lens to fit a d600 that isn't reeaaallly expensive. I've got a 17-50 2.8 tamron, which I use on DX camera and is great but I was wondering whether there was the equivalent for FX?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jan 2013 - 2:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

puertouk
    puertouk  21068 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jan 2013 - 3:31 PM

Have a look at Panamoz Iīve used them and really good.
    Stephen

samueldilworth
    22 Jan 2013 - 3:34 PM

The Tamron 28-75 mm f/2.8 might be worth a look. Itís got a reputation for excellent optical quality. See this PDF brochure for more info.

That lens would actually provide shallower depth of field and better low-light performance on a D600 than your 17-50 mm f/2.8 on a DX camera. If you merely want to replicate on FX your existing DX performance you could opt for a slower lens, such as Nikonís own 24-85 mm f/3.5-4.5 VR. That way youíd gain a 24 mm wide-angle, which Iíd find very attractive (though probably not attractive enough to outweigh the Tamronís cheaper price and greater speed and constant aperture and likely better image quality).

llareggub
    llareggub  4683 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Jan 2013 - 3:37 PM

I have been looking at upgrading to Full Frame tentatively and was wondering what I would replace my Tammy 17-50 with to get same results, asking around on various forums the Tamron AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Lens comes back with strong recommendations.

I shoot Canon so not sure how it fits in with the FX format, on the canon it is very close in terms of the focal range that it covers and the reviews I have seen look very strong Smile

Good Luck

Cagey75
    Cagey75  340 forum posts Ireland
    8 Feb 2013 - 3:40 PM

I had the tamron 17-50 2.8 for my D90. I hated selling that as much as the body! Such a nice DX combo.

Now I have the Nikon 24-70 2.8, and it's even sweeter. If budget isn't an issue, spend as much on the lens as you have on the body and pick up the best short zoom you can get for a Nikon - the 24-70 ... it really is great.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.