Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Favourite country song

spacey 10 376
16 Jan 2005 3:56AM
Nothing like a good country song to pick you up, whats your favourite
Here's mine

Red dirt Road brooks and Dunn

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
16 Jan 2005 3:57AM
The Man in Black - by the man in black himself.
spacey 10 376
16 Jan 2005 4:05AM
have you seen the video to Hurt ?
chris.maddock 13 3.4k United Kingdom
16 Jan 2005 4:10AM
Nope - only bits in the tribute prog the Beeb put on.
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
16 Jan 2005 4:22AM
c_evans99 11 7.0k 1 Wales
16 Jan 2005 6:15AM
Toss up between Bram Parsons' 'That's all it took' and 'Tom Ames' Prayer' by Steve Earle

Ceri
tim franklin 11 2.7k
16 Jan 2005 6:23AM
Too many great songs to single one out.
Anthony 13 5.6k 17 Scotland
16 Jan 2005 6:36AM
Anything by Garth Brooks, I love "Aint going down till the sun comes up" and "Standing outside the fire", but I like just about all of them.

Anthony
rletham 10 890 United Kingdom
16 Jan 2005 9:06AM
Not a big country fan but we dip in occasionally. Johnny Cash, Tec Ritter are my favs but if there is one damn good song, it has to be Jolene by Dolly Parton. She has a couple of talents that people can't avoid noticing but underneath is a damned fine song writer.

Oh, and as for that screaming she-devil banshee, Whitney Houston's version of I will always love you, don't even get me started on that howling talentless hack.
it happens 10 109
16 Jan 2005 10:09AM
oh lord, wont you buy me a mercedes benz.
My friends all drive porsches,
I must make a mends.
Worked hard all my life time, with no help from my friends
so lord wont you buy me a mercedes benzzzzzz.

classic
sugarbird 10 223 South Africa
16 Jan 2005 10:09AM
I agree with Rab, love those Dolly Parton songs, did you know that the Whitney Houston version is the most requested song for funerals, I also hate that version. Johnny Cash to me is great, don't know if one would consider it Country but his duet with Bob Dylan, "Girl from the North Country" is amazing.(May have the title wrong) Dixie chicks are cool too.
16 Jan 2005 11:02AM
somewhere tonight -highway 1o1/unanswered prayers -g brooks/lady down in love - alabama/deep river woman -l ritchie and my least faves blanket on the ground/harper valley pta/ode to billie joe
vfr400 13 886
16 Jan 2005 11:29AM
Dixiechicks version of 'Landslide' and Faith hill's breathe'.

chris
seabloke 11 844
16 Jan 2005 11:42AM
I don't lik country music at all. We have a show called Rodeo Norfolk on Radio Norfolk every Saturday morning. Sometimes, I listen to it fishing. Most of the time it's fairly harmless. Most o the time, the songs are like

Mah Buyhbee left me, ma dawg got run over by a tru-u-u-uck...

Which you can kind of laugh along to.

The other week, there was one that went on for about 25 mins about a bloke whose wife had Alzheimers, this had driven him to the bottle, pills and finally he decided to top both of them as the song went on.

I mean, do people really need this..?

Give me reggae any day. Country = shmountry
seabloke 11 844
16 Jan 2005 11:43AM
I don't lik country music at all. We have a show called Rodeo Norfolk on Radio Norfolk every Saturday morning. Sometimes, I listen to it fishing. Most of the time it's fairly harmless. Most o the time, the songs are like

Mah Buyhbee left me, ma dawg got run over by a tru-u-u-uck...

Which you can kind of laugh along to.

The other week, there was one that went on for about 25 mins about a bloke whose wife had Alzheimers, this had driven him to the bottle, pills and finally he decided to top both of them as the song went on.

You don' recognise me no more. So babe, ah'm gonn even up the score...

I mean, do people really need this bollocks..?

Give me reggae any day. Country = shmountry

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.