Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Favourite Five Hates.

Ian-Munro 7 200 15 Wales
12 Aug 2010 9:28AM
I have way too many so I will keep it site based.

1 People that say "straight out of camera, just tweeked levels and curves"

2 People that say " oh I don't do a lot of processing" when their images are way cooked up

3 People who can't be arsed to reply to a PM when all your asking is for some advice.

4 People that really hype an image up and say how much they love it only to finish their comment with " if I could have one little nit pick it would be........."

5 People that are full of their own self importance on forums and continue to put the world right and of course, tell you what your NOT doing right. Then when go to see their work or website......surprise!....there ain't one.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Nigeyboy 6 537 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2010 9:57AM
1. drivers who dont indicate on roundabouts
2. drivers who dont indicate full stop!
3. Go F*****g Compare adverts (people should boycott them just cause of those ads!!)
4. pessimists!!
5. anyone who upsets my family!
steve_p 9 1.1k England
12 Aug 2010 10:07AM
1 on this site people who spell a singular lens "lense".
2 on this site people who wont accept anything other than their own view when posting in forums.
3 Women who smoke, swear & drink pints.
4 Audi drivers who drive up your rear end on Motorways because you're in their way. (used to be BMWs but Audi drivers are far more aggressive these days- maybe its something to do with those stupid LEDs on the front)
5 I drive a van capable of 90mph+ if you're driving at 75 on a motorway for example and you try to overtake someone in a car 90% of the time they will accelerate because they don't want to be passed by a van.
steve_p 9 1.1k England
12 Aug 2010 10:11AM
I forgot to add- all of Big Bri's earlier posts too!
lemmy 7 2.0k United Kingdom
12 Aug 2010 10:52AM
I only have three.

All People
All Places
Everything Else.
CaptivePhotons 11 1.6k 2 England
12 Aug 2010 11:07AM
1. Litterbugs
2. Reality TV shows
3. People who are late for an appointment
4. Two faced people
5. The price of ink

6. Canon/macs Tongue
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
12 Aug 2010 11:13AM

Quote:Agree (although never actually seen 12)

You see it here a lot where there are good cycle paths running alongside most roads. The lack of decent cycle paths is probably the main reason why rollerblading never really caught on in Britain. It's too dangerous where there are pedestrians and even more dangerous where there are cars.

Which reminds me....

16. British cycle paths. (Effing useless, mostly)
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
12 Aug 2010 11:24AM
I thought this "hates" thread would do well in this forum Wink
Metalhead 7 1.9k 2 England
12 Aug 2010 11:37AM

Quote:4 Audi drivers who drive up your rear end on Motorways because you're in their way. (used to be BMWs but Audi drivers are far more aggressive these days- maybe its something to do with those stupid LEDs on the front)
5 I drive a van capable of 90mph+ if you're driving at 75 on a motorway for example and you try to overtake someone in a car 90% of the time they will accelerate because they don't want to be passed by a van.

Can I add 5b?

I drive a van too, and it accelerates faster than most cars, so I really hate it when cars pull out in front of me from a junction because they don't want to be stuck behind me in my van, only to slow me down!

Can I add 4b too while I'm at it? Audi (or otherwise) drivers that stick to your arse end in the 2nd lane of the motorway when the third lane is completely empty, then when you pull in to the first lane, they overtake! Why don't these people know how to use a motorway properly?!?

I really can't restrict it to just 5 most hated points, but like many it's mostly driving related! Big Bri's first post struck so many chords it sounded like an orchestra was playing!
joolsb 10 27.1k 38 Switzerland
12 Aug 2010 12:05PM
Talking of motorway hates...

17. People who try to overtake by travelling a couple of inches per hour faster than the car they are overtaking. Really annoys me, that does. Why do they do it? What's the point??
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2010 1:10PM
What about trucks trying to pass each other on an uphill dual carriageway, with thirty cars queued behind them?
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
12 Aug 2010 2:11PM

Quote:3 Women who smoke, swear & drink pints.

Don't ever go out on the pull in Rotherham... Wink

Quote:What about trucks trying to pass each other on an uphill dual carriageway, with thirty cars queued behind them?

Yep

Quote:17. People who try to overtake by travelling a couple of inches per hour faster than the car they are overtaking. Really annoys me, that does. Why do they do it? What's the point??

Yep

Quote:Can I add 4b too while I'm at it? Audi (or otherwise) drivers that stick to your arse end in the 2nd lane of the motorway when the third lane is completely empty, then when you pull in to the first lane, they overtake! Why don't these people know how to use a motorway properly?!?

Yep

Quote:5 I drive a van capable of 90mph+ if you're driving at 75 on a motorway for example and you try to overtake someone in a car 90% of the time they will accelerate because they don't want to be passed by a van

Same when you drive a Mondeo

One other (happened 4 times this morning)

- People who hold you up in lane 3 with nothing in front of them, then when they pull over, they ACCELERATE as you try and go past. I must admit, when this happens, I go as fast as I need to in order to get round, pull in front of them, then slow down to the speed I want to do. In every case I have done this, apart from BMW and Audi drivers, they will slow back down to the speed they were doing before. Audi and BMW drivers will then overtake you, then slow down again.
Buffalo_Tom e2
8 2.3k 9 Wales
12 Aug 2010 2:11PM
1.White Van drivers...as soon as they turn the ignition on they turn into road rage maniacs.
2.Insonsiderate persons that park their vehicle in the Pub car park without asking and p..s off and leave it for days.
3.People who order a steak in the Pub..eat every last morsel and continue to tell me that it was to tough and not cooked properly.......that does my head in.(they don't get a refund LOL).
4.Smokers at the Pub who throw their stubs on the floor outside when there is a collection bin provided.
5.Drinkers who steal my Hobgoblin pint glasses.
Hate @em all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12 Aug 2010 2:13PM
Anyone/everyone who drives round the Robin Hood roundabout in Newbury and thinks it's OK to drift into the lane to their right, forcing you to either hit them, do an emergency stop, or drift over a lane yourself and have to go round the damn thing again.
12 Aug 2010 2:16PM
People who queue at supermarket checkouts with apparently nothing to buy, then just as you are about to start unloading, star gormlessly at you as their wife arrives with a trolley full of Tesco Value stuff and they push it past you. Then get upset when you tell them what you think of them

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.