Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Favourite music to compute by

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 7:17 AM

Well we've had the favourite album cover topic and as I'm sat here listening to music as I work I wondered what you are listening to today. I've recently bought a CD by an Icelandic band called Worm is Green and I can't stop playing it...great female vocals, very unique musical stuff...and a rendition of Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart, which is on now...very nice.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jul 2004 - 7:17 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 7:21 AM

I normally listen to radio one in the morning but this morning I have mostly been listening to Swamibhangradotcom.

thewaiter
thewaiter  121177 forum posts England9 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 7:23 AM

on my IPOD this morning I had The Ordinary Boys, quality band from the Brighton area, sound like The jam.......

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014005 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 7:24 AM

Currently alternating between Lifehouse - No name face & Snow Patrol - Final Straw. It certainly beats listening to the rubish they talk in my office.

tim franklin
1 Jul 2004 - 7:35 AM

Depends entirely on the mood I'm in! Anything quality though. Smile

Firebaby
Firebaby  101204 forum posts Faroe Islands
1 Jul 2004 - 8:08 AM

Juliet Turner - like me, dark moody, and emotionally introspective.

In the car though, ususally Radio Two, with a little C J Smith, and Rachel Goodwin thrown in for good measure!

rugbylass
rugbylass  11403 forum posts
1 Jul 2004 - 8:18 AM

Today I'm listening to the new Polyphonic Spree CD- "Together We're Heavy". It's awesome stuff.

sludden
sludden  1046 forum posts
1 Jul 2004 - 8:26 AM

I have media player on permanent shuffle, just had "Resurrection" by the Stone Roses, now I've got "40" by Franz Ferdinand...Pete are Worm is Green anything like the mighty Sigur Ros?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 8:45 AM

no John they are hard to describe...album kicks off very much like a Kraftwerk tune, but soon changes with amazing keyboard and melody, as I say not heard anything like them. Closest thing, I guess, is Belgium band Hooverphonic. There's a link to a bio of Worm is Green here check out the superb photography in their images link too.

Origami_Owl
1 Jul 2004 - 8:45 AM

I have had the Keane album on repeat for weeks now - I actually can't stop playing it.

Apart from this, The Frames album 'Dance the Devil' which is ace, and all the early Peter Gabriel early albums have had a good play.

David Axelrod 'Songs of Innocence' and 'Songs of Experience' are without doubt my favourite instrumental cds at the moment. From the 60's - amazing jazzy stuff.

Finally the Phoenix album as well - a great French band who turf out some amazing tunes.

Paul

bill777
bill777 e2 Member 11159 forum postsbill777 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 8:56 AM

Well, like Paul, I've just been revisiting the first 4 Peter Gabriel albums but over the last couple of days I've alternated between Dream Theater (Train Of Thought in particular) and Spocks Beard.

I also like to find dedicated blues stations on web radio if I have the time.

Bill

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
1 Jul 2004 - 9:08 AM

Ulrich Schnauss is always a winner in the warb studio :o) you got his 2 albums Pete? if you dont, you should. im off to check out the Worm's if not just for the Joy Division cover.

Pete
1 Jul 2004 - 9:20 AM

Ulrich who???? that's a new one on me. I'll be checking him/them out laterSmile

warb
warb  10839 forum posts
1 Jul 2004 - 9:24 AM

quite hard to get hold of but well worth it, tho i believe it has been stocked in hmv recently.

heres some info and samples

kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 9:26 AM

It's a bit of a tough one. I often find music too distracting to work to unless it's instrumental and unobtrusive and then what's the point! If I'm having a bad day, and want a distraction, it can be anything from Air, Chicane, Enigma to clear my head through to Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit and Offspring and a strong sense of 'Bring it on!

In the evening when I'm working on my photos, it's a different story. Currently I've got a dozen or more dance versions of the Gladiator album, which seem to be on permanent loop.

Worm in Green sounds like my kind of thing Ill go check them out. I work with a guy whos always finding obscure music from all round the world, so itll be nice to get on over on him.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.