Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Favourite music to compute by

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Big Bri
Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
1 Jul 2004 - 10:58 AM

Kate Rusby - She has the voice of an angel and she's cute as well. Smile and from Yorkshire.

John - yep, another fan. (Check my profile)
I'm playing Sleepless at the moment Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jul 2004 - 10:58 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Origami_Owl
1 Jul 2004 - 11:02 AM

Hold the phone - JOSH ROUSE! Can't get enough of his stuff. First class.

Thanks for the description of Kate Rusby, I'm going to do a search for taster tunes.

Don't mind folky tunes now and again - Natalie Merchant is a bit of a fav (not too much of her though). And I once really tried to listen to Sandy Denny, but it ended up annoying the heck outta me, so haven't gone back there. I may grow into that one I think - like I've grown into Joni Mitchell.

Kathryn Williams = good, too.

Paul

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 11:06 AM

Bent, got one of their's. Anyone heard Blue States new one? I have all three, but the latest is a corker.

sludden
sludden  1046 forum posts
1 Jul 2004 - 11:06 AM

Brian, I'm onto Little Lights now, see you're also into John McCusker as well...he sold me the DVD the last time I saw Kate, something else about Kate in concert; they're always such family affairs!

kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 11:09 AM

Shouldn't we be listening to Philip Glass - The Photographer! Actually really got into this at university, used to drive my flat mate nuts.

freds
freds  10184 forum posts England
1 Jul 2004 - 11:11 AM

Nobody like des oconner anymore? he he.

Origami_Owl
1 Jul 2004 - 11:12 AM

Ha - good idea!

OK - song titles which are photography related. I'm going to be mega obvious and say 'The Model' Kraftwerk.

sludden
sludden  1046 forum posts
1 Jul 2004 - 11:15 AM

Paul, I'll be even more obvious and say "Pictures of You" by the Cure!

By the way have you heard Kathryn Williams latest album of covers? Good stuff, anyone who covers Nirvana and the Bee Gees on the same record is doing something right!

Origami_Owl
1 Jul 2004 - 11:21 AM

yes - I was particularly pleased that she chose 'Birds' by Neil Young to cover (what a beautiful choice, the N.Young one is one of the songs that could make me bawl like a baby) bawl/ball/borl who knows.

And she also does ' How can we hang onto a dream' by Tim Hardin - which is another lovely tune.

not forgetting 13 by Big Star - another favourite.

Jeez, this forum topic is up my street.

and anyway: 'People taking pictures of each other' - not sure who it's by - The Kinks or Loudon Wainwright I think.

BOB S
BOB S  112622 forum posts
1 Jul 2004 - 11:22 AM

Hey Bri,

Steve Vai was amazing live on Tuesday night !!

BOB

This is a sad one, Girls on film, Duran Duran. (sorry)

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012491 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 11:25 AM

Duran Duran are experiencing something of a revival, rave reviews even so you're well cool Bob Wink

kit-monster
kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 11:26 AM

Ask Keith - I'm sure he's got Des lined up for a photo shoot!

BOB S
BOB S  112622 forum posts
1 Jul 2004 - 11:26 AM

Now listening to ZWAN - Mary Star of the Sea. (Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain etc)

BOB

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2004 - 11:30 AM

Edward, Philip Glass is enough to drive most people mad! My mum had a stroke the day after she stopped up one night with me while I watched his film, Koyaanisqatsi.

Origami_Owl
1 Jul 2004 - 11:35 AM

Koyaanisqatsi is a cracker! have you got the DVD? - it's doubled up with the second, not quite so good, film. I've got the soundtrack to the first film. very dramatic. I used to put the manic bit from it on in the venue before going on stage when I used to sing. haha.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.