Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Favourite music to compute by

Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 10:58AM
Kate Rusby - She has the voice of an angel and she's cute as well. Smile and from Yorkshire.

John - yep, another fan. (Check my profile)
I'm playing Sleepless at the moment Grin

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Origami_Owl 11 786
1 Jul 2004 11:02AM
Hold the phone - JOSH ROUSE! Can't get enough of his stuff. First class.

Thanks for the description of Kate Rusby, I'm going to do a search for taster tunes.

Don't mind folky tunes now and again - Natalie Merchant is a bit of a fav (not too much of her though). And I once really tried to listen to Sandy Denny, but it ended up annoying the heck outta me, so haven't gone back there. I may grow into that one I think - like I've grown into Joni Mitchell.

Kathryn Williams = good, too.

Paul
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
1 Jul 2004 11:06AM
Bent, got one of their's. Anyone heard Blue States new one? I have all three, but the latest is a corker.
sludden 10 46
1 Jul 2004 11:06AM
Brian, I'm onto Little Lights now, see you're also into John McCusker as well...he sold me the DVD the last time I saw Kate, something else about Kate in concert; they're always such family affairs!
kit-monster e2
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
1 Jul 2004 11:09AM
Shouldn't we be listening to Philip Glass - The Photographer! Actually really got into this at university, used to drive my flat mate nuts.
freds 10 184 England
1 Jul 2004 11:11AM
Nobody like des oconner anymore? he he.
Origami_Owl 11 786
1 Jul 2004 11:12AM
Ha - good idea!

OK - song titles which are photography related. I'm going to be mega obvious and say 'The Model' Kraftwerk.
sludden 10 46
1 Jul 2004 11:15AM
Paul, I'll be even more obvious and say "Pictures of You" by the Cure!

By the way have you heard Kathryn Williams latest album of covers? Good stuff, anyone who covers Nirvana and the Bee Gees on the same record is doing something right!
Origami_Owl 11 786
1 Jul 2004 11:21AM
yes - I was particularly pleased that she chose 'Birds' by Neil Young to cover (what a beautiful choice, the N.Young one is one of the songs that could make me bawl like a baby) bawl/ball/borl who knows.

And she also does ' How can we hang onto a dream' by Tim Hardin - which is another lovely tune.

not forgetting 13 by Big Star - another favourite.

Jeez, this forum topic is up my street.

and anyway: 'People taking pictures of each other' - not sure who it's by - The Kinks or Loudon Wainwright I think.
BOB S 12 2.6k
1 Jul 2004 11:22AM
Hey Bri,

Steve Vai was amazing live on Tuesday night !!

BOB

This is a sad one, Girls on film, Duran Duran. (sorry)
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
1 Jul 2004 11:25AM
Duran Duran are experiencing something of a revival, rave reviews even so you're well cool Bob Wink
kit-monster e2
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
1 Jul 2004 11:26AM
Ask Keith - I'm sure he's got Des lined up for a photo shoot!
BOB S 12 2.6k
1 Jul 2004 11:26AM
Now listening to ZWAN - Mary Star of the Sea. (Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlain etc)

BOB
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
1 Jul 2004 11:30AM
Edward, Philip Glass is enough to drive most people mad! My mum had a stroke the day after she stopped up one night with me while I watched his film, Koyaanisqatsi.
Origami_Owl 11 786
1 Jul 2004 11:35AM
Koyaanisqatsi is a cracker! have you got the DVD? - it's doubled up with the second, not quite so good, film. I've got the soundtrack to the first film. very dramatic. I used to put the manic bit from it on in the venue before going on stage when I used to sing. haha.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.