Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Favourite Photographers Area

BenGriffiths 8 399 England
16 Apr 2007 10:36PM
Hi Guys,

As you know the favourite photographers area has had some major speed issues (Not the drug kind either!).

For now, I have had to disable the photos, and the order they are shown - only until tomorrow when I can get dirty with the code properly. The site seems a lot quicker for it, so I hope you all don't mind. I'll endeavour to get it back to normal as fast as I can.

Please don't submit reports about that section not having photos or ordering
- it's first on my to-do list for tomorrow Wink

You can still access your faves though, so it's not all bad Smile

Thanks a million - Ben.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
17 Apr 2007 8:17AM
I was about to report it...;p
Bump this up.
Briwooly 9 452 5 England
17 Apr 2007 8:22AM
Sorry reported before I read this Smile

Brian...............................
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
17 Apr 2007 8:31AM
I also reported it....sorry guys (I hadn't visited the forums first!) :-(
17 Apr 2007 8:33AM
Um....I don't know if it's another fault, but I couldn't delete/edit my last comment here!
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
17 Apr 2007 8:34AM
Testing
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
17 Apr 2007 8:34AM
You're right.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
17 Apr 2007 8:41AM

Quote:Um....I don't know if it's another fault, but I couldn't delete/edit my last comment here!

Yup I logged that last night...it'll get fixed.
17 Apr 2007 8:43AM
Thanks Chris!
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
18 Apr 2007 8:47AM
Is it true that we can't add very new members to our favourite?
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
18 Apr 2007 10:06AM

Quote:Is it true that we can't add very new members to our favourite?

No it's not true. As e2 members you can also add Favourite Photographs to your About page. If you see a photo you really like while browsing the gallery click the Add to Favourites button and a thumbnail preview will then automatically appear on your About page with a link to the original. This preview can be turned on or off in your Profile settings page.
conrad 10 10.9k 116
18 Apr 2007 10:13AM

Quote:a thumbnail preview will then automatically appear on your About page with a link to the original

Not necessarily true, Pete, because that page only shows a random selection of eight photos from your favourites, so the photo only appears if it happens to be one of those eight that the system selects at that time.
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
18 Apr 2007 10:13AM
Thanks Pete.
I tried to add adamo74 to my favourite photographer. I can add his pics as favourite, but cant see where to add him as favourite photograher.
18 Apr 2007 10:24AM
Little question Pete.
Is it possible for me to make the "favourite photos" viewable for others, but keeping the "favourite photographers" for myself ? Think there was only one option to switch on/off both together, but not seperate though. If so, couldn't it be arranged seperately. after all, they are to completely different things.

(only getting to know the new site, so I might have overlooked it though. Apologies if I did.)

Oh... and what's with the little box you can mark under the comment box under a photo? Something like "propose for Reader's Choice" ? What happens if I mark it ?
jjmills 9 153 Scotland
18 Apr 2007 12:32PM
Sorry but I posted a fresh question about this.

It seems that I cannot add newbies to my Fav Photographers list but can add there images to my Fav Photographs.

I can add anyone who is not a newbie.

John

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.