Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Featured E2 Photo.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SosFM
SosFM  581 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2009 - 4:28 PM

Simple question, how would you know if your image was a Featured E2 Photo unless you visited the site every day?

Soren.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Oct 2009 - 4:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Anthony
Anthony  125645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2009 - 4:40 PM

you wont sadly, its on a random rotation of images. It could be anyone thats gets the honour for a few hours.

Just have to keep checking in Soren. Smile

Anthony

SosFM
25 Oct 2009 - 4:47 PM

Thanks for that Anthony. Dont you think they should have some sort of notification to you, even if it was to tell you that one of your images HAD appeared?

Jestertheclown
25 Oct 2009 - 5:05 PM

That seems like a reasonable idea, Soren.
I don't think that any of my offerings have ever ben chosen but then, I'd never know, would I?

SosFM
25 Oct 2009 - 5:34 PM

Guys, you inspired me to submit a comment to the editorial team on this one. I have refrred them to this post. Maybe a small way of improving the site.
Thanks to you both.
Soren.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2009 - 5:38 PM

Quote: Dont you think they should have some sort of notification to you, even if it was to tell you that one of your images HAD appeared?

Just wondering: What difference would it made?

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
25 Oct 2009 - 5:49 PM

What is the featured e2 photo ?.

minicooper
25 Oct 2009 - 6:04 PM

You know don't you? For those that don't. It's an image that appears on the title page of this site. It's a perk you get with e2 membership you'll just have to wait your turn to get the honour has Anthony says.

davidbailie
davidbailie e2 Member 10442 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2009 - 6:08 PM

Quote: Just wondering: What difference would it made?

I suspect an additional click or two .............or not Smile

Quote: to get the honour

.............??

honoured by a computer ?? ...... I doubt that there is an individual involved unless it is he or she who presses the random selection button ...

....... I agree - at least get the comp to email the ''winner'

db

Last Modified By davidbailie at 25 Oct 2009 - 6:11 PM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 813402 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2009 - 6:11 PM

No, I meant what diffence would it made to the poster of the photo.

davidbailie
davidbailie e2 Member 10442 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2009 - 6:13 PM

Quote: what diffence would it made to the poster of the photo

well ........... they would know as opposed to...................... not knowing ...........

db

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014002 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2009 - 6:18 PM

Quote: Guys, you inspired me to submit a comment to the editorial team on this one. I have refrred them to this post. Maybe a small way of improving the site.

How did you do that? I can't see anything from you in the reports system.

MODERATOR POST
User_Removed
26 Oct 2009 - 3:02 AM

I only found out one of my images had been featured when a comment was left on this one.

I guess most featured images have comments left by visitors stating that your image has been featured.

SosFM
26 Oct 2009 - 4:49 PM

Quote: QuoteGrinont you think they should have some sort of notification to you, even if it was to tell you that one of your images HAD appeared?Just wondering: What difference would it made?

It would just be nice to know...dont you think?

SosFM
26 Oct 2009 - 4:50 PM

Quote: Quote:Guys, you inspired me to submit a comment to the editorial team on this one. I have refrred them to this post. Maybe a small way of improving the site.How did you do that? I can't see anything from you in the reports system.

Cant remeber to be honest, first time I have done this but found some way on the site of e-mailing them.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.