Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

"Featured Technique, Review" under the photos

KarenFB 8 4.3k 163 England
9 Sep 2009 11:34AM
Okay, I've looked in 'New Features' and I've looked in the forum, but I can't see anything mentioned.

The new feature that can be seen, just above the Award Boxes - some folk have the new feature and some don't! Some have just one box, some have two and others three! They come under the headings of 'Featured News' or 'Technique'.

Anyone any idea of what they are, and how they got there? Do we choose them, or are they pot luck? Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sezz e2
9 617 15 England
9 Sep 2009 11:37AM
I was just wondering this, I'd prefer it not to be there myself.
9 Sep 2009 11:38AM
Well, I suppose it will draw peoples attention to the features and news - I must admit, I don't usually visit that area of EPZ myself!
BEVZED e2
7 1.1k United Kingdom
9 Sep 2009 11:41AM
very distractingSad Rather they weren't there
Overread 6 3.8k 18 England
9 Sep 2009 11:52AM
looks like its searching on the tags on a shot - clearly when it can't find any relevant results for the tags it simply does not display anything.
I gues its trying to move people and alert them to other areas of the site. Not a totally bad thing as there is a lot here many don't use or know of
9 Sep 2009 1:21PM

Quote:Looks like its searching on the tags on a shot

I've tried uploading an image without any tags...............I had 3 boxes with 'small' associated themes. So not just tags, but titles! Smile
Martin54 e2
8 503 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2009 1:27PM
Just looked at these - very irritating Sad. Put it at the bottom of the page if you must put it anywhere, or at least give us an option to hide it.
Martin
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2009 1:32PM
one of my "related" articles is a "news" story from July 2008 Sad
9 Sep 2009 1:33PM
You all catch on rather quickly Smile

The purpose of this upgrade was to promote content that might be related to the forum and photo being displayed. The idea is that if a member goes to a photo and is rather impressed with it, they might be able to find more information out about the location, type of photography, effects used, etc. So therefore they may benefit from the added knowledge.
Diana e2
8 2.0k 19 Netherlands
9 Sep 2009 1:37PM
cant we get rid of that distracting stuff please its so annoying !!!

like have an option on our own page to remove it

thanks....
bricurtis e2
9 1.9k 48 England
9 Sep 2009 1:42PM
Is it possible to have an option to switch this off.
Maybe OK on the forum but makes the PF photo pages look rather untidy when an image is opened.
Diana e2
8 2.0k 19 Netherlands
9 Sep 2009 1:43PM
yeah and scrolling down makes me nauseous now..kind of sea sick
bricurtis e2
9 1.9k 48 England
9 Sep 2009 1:45PM

Quote:The purpose of this upgrade was to promote content that might be related to the forum and photo being displayed. The idea is that if a member goes to a photo and is rather impressed with it, they might be able to find more information out about the location, type of photography, effects used, etc. So therefore they may benefit from the added knowledge.

I think the tag function is suffice for that - not one of your better ideas I am afraid.
ChristineL 9 39 United Kingdom
9 Sep 2009 1:50PM
Yes I agree with Brian, I don't like it and would love to be able to turn it off please.
Overread 6 3.8k 18 England
9 Sep 2009 1:50PM
Interesting idea Bri - to expand the tags feature to include both photos and articles as well. At the moment it just links to similar tagged photos (actually I think the tags have to be identical) whilst one for articles could show more general search results (as the new feature is showing)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.