Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

"Featured Technique, Review" under the photos

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84308 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 11:34 AM

Okay, I've looked in 'New Features' and I've looked in the forum, but I can't see anything mentioned.

The new feature that can be seen, just above the Award Boxes - some folk have the new feature and some don't! Some have just one box, some have two and others three! They come under the headings of 'Featured News' or 'Technique'.

Anyone any idea of what they are, and how they got there? Do we choose them, or are they pot luck? Smile

Last Modified By KarenFB at 9 Sep 2009 - 11:35 AM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Sep 2009 - 11:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sezz
Sezz e2 Member 9617 forum postsSezz vcard England15 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 11:37 AM

I was just wondering this, I'd prefer it not to be there myself.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84308 forum posts England163 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 11:38 AM

Well, I suppose it will draw peoples attention to the features and news - I must admit, I don't usually visit that area of EPZ myself!

Last Modified By KarenFB at 9 Sep 2009 - 11:38 AM
BEVZED
BEVZED e2 Member 71140 forum postsBEVZED vcard United Kingdom
9 Sep 2009 - 11:41 AM

very distractingSad Rather they weren't there

Overread
Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 11:52 AM

looks like its searching on the tags on a shot - clearly when it can't find any relevant results for the tags it simply does not display anything.
I gues its trying to move people and alert them to other areas of the site. Not a totally bad thing as there is a lot here many don't use or know of

KarenFB
9 Sep 2009 - 1:21 PM

Quote: Looks like its searching on the tags on a shot

I've tried uploading an image without any tags...............I had 3 boxes with 'small' associated themes. So not just tags, but titles! Smile

Martin54
Martin54 e2 Member 8501 forum postsMartin54 vcard United Kingdom
9 Sep 2009 - 1:27 PM

Just looked at these - very irritating Sad. Put it at the bottom of the page if you must put it anywhere, or at least give us an option to hide it.
Martin

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105971 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 1:32 PM

one of my "related" articles is a "news" story from July 2008 Sad

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72393 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
9 Sep 2009 - 1:33 PM

You all catch on rather quickly Smile

The purpose of this upgrade was to promote content that might be related to the forum and photo being displayed. The idea is that if a member goes to a photo and is rather impressed with it, they might be able to find more information out about the location, type of photography, effects used, etc. So therefore they may benefit from the added knowledge.

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 1:37 PM

cant we get rid of that distracting stuff please its so annoying !!!

like have an option on our own page to remove it

thanks....

Last Modified By Diana at 9 Sep 2009 - 1:37 PM
bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91909 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 1:42 PM

Is it possible to have an option to switch this off.
Maybe OK on the forum but makes the PF photo pages look rather untidy when an image is opened.

Diana
Diana e2 Member 72011 forum postsDiana vcard Netherlands19 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 1:43 PM

yeah and scrolling down makes me nauseous now..kind of sea sick

bricurtis
bricurtis e2 Member 91909 forum postsbricurtis vcard England48 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 1:45 PM

Quote: The purpose of this upgrade was to promote content that might be related to the forum and photo being displayed. The idea is that if a member goes to a photo and is rather impressed with it, they might be able to find more information out about the location, type of photography, effects used, etc. So therefore they may benefit from the added knowledge.

I think the tag function is suffice for that - not one of your better ideas I am afraid.

ChristineL
9 Sep 2009 - 1:50 PM

Yes I agree with Brian, I don't like it and would love to be able to turn it off please.

Overread
Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
9 Sep 2009 - 1:50 PM

Interesting idea Bri - to expand the tags feature to include both photos and articles as well. At the moment it just links to similar tagged photos (actually I think the tags have to be identical) whilst one for articles could show more general search results (as the new feature is showing)

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.