Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Feedback Welcome.

15 Jul 2013 3:25AM
So I posted in here, a couple months ago just after I started using weebly as a starter site. I have now decided to by a domain and think it's prepared for the world,
I have everything up and running and galleries still sorting the arrangement. but looking for constructive feedback and advise.
The website is still maintained by Weebly, but there footer isn't in you're face so I don't know if I should upgrade just yet.

www.alexslavenphotography.co.uk

Thanks,

Alex.

P.S Most recent images are in Pictures > Events and its the Highland Games in Balloch, Scotland

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

FrogTastic 5 52 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2013 10:08AM
Hi,

I would suggest showcasing your images on the home page or at least one main image, also moving the tweets/videos into a side column or blog menu.

At first, people want to see your work rather than read anything. If interested, they navigate to the other menus.

Jac
15 Jul 2013 1:10PM
Hi Alex,

I agree with FrogTastic, it is essentially a website where you want to provide some information about yourself and to showcase what you can do with your photography.

Ideally, your homepage should show some of what you consider your best work to generate instant attention from your visitor so they want to see more. Currently it's dominated by the social media feed you have there.

Also, if i may comment on your image sizes. If you know the images are going to be displayed a certain size, try and match the image(s) to the size required to stop the visitors browser having to do the resizing. As an example, clicking on the 'Pictures' link shows some of your photos in quite a small size but it's having to load in the large images and scale them to size, this slows things down. This is the info on just one of your images, 1,100px 690px (scaled to 436px 273px) . This means that the actual image is 1100 x 690 but the browser is having scaling it down to 436 x 273.

My suggestion would be to see what options Weebly gives you regarding positioning items on your home page, if you can choose items to display then maybe have:

Left hand side - A short intro about you and your photography, left justified and not centered.
Right hand side top - Some of your 'showcase' images.
Right hand side bottom - Limited social media feed.

I hope some of that helps you.

Regards,

Simon Marlow
UniquePhotoArts.com

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.