Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fenton! Fenton!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

stix
stix e2 Member 9924 forum postsstix vcard United Kingdom86 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2011 - 2:25 PM

If you havent seen this clip, and you want a laugh, I would urge you to have a look here

Pure unintentional comedy gold.
I even like the Mutley laugh at the end.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Nov 2011 - 2:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

catgirl73
catgirl73  6137 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Nov 2011 - 3:16 PM

Yep I saw this on Wednesday had a long busy day at work, came home and watched this and could not stop laughing.

pulsar69
pulsar69  101611 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2011 - 4:04 PM

I prefer the view they gave of it on Have I got news for you last night, ie what on earth has this country come to watching dribble like that ...

stix
stix e2 Member 9924 forum postsstix vcard United Kingdom86 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2011 - 4:10 PM

I didn't see that.
Humour is very subjective, but I am curious why it didn't make you laugh?

keith selmes
26 Nov 2011 - 4:33 PM

Funny in the sense of the man having totaly lost control, poor so and so.

Not funny really though, dog out of control chasing animals, and across an unfenced road too.

Some sympathy for the dog - looks like the sort bred for rounding things up, and it probably doesn't get much chance.

And it's OK laughing when you're behind the deer, but when a deer is charging toward you because it being chased by a dog, it looks pretty damn solid, speaking from experience. One deer will swerve round you but a whole herd of them flat out wouldn't be much fun.

stix
26 Nov 2011 - 4:34 PM

Maybe you have to be a dog owner, or empathize with being one; the guy is having a nightmare.
It has tension, nothing much happens to start with, it builds nicely to the action, it has drama, those dear running across the screen en-mass is dramatic, the sound of the guy shouting getting louder as he gets nearer, and getting more and more desperate, but were not sure why, then we see the dog.... The guy sounds posh; most of us would be saying something a bit riper than Jesus Christ! His exasperation is palpable, and yet he controls his language.
Then the payoff, the punch line, he runs into view, still shouting at his dog, which is probably now so far away as to be out of ear shot. The sheer futility of his running and shouting obvious.
To me that is funny.
I suspect it won't be just this country that finds it funny, a good story will strike a chord anywhere. I would be surprised if this video doesnít go global viral.

dcash29
dcash29  81898 forum posts England
26 Nov 2011 - 4:51 PM

Another irresponsible dog owner that has no control over his untrained animal.

stix
26 Nov 2011 - 5:01 PM

I suspect that he is probably a responsible dog owner; this is not a normal occurrence for him.
That's why he is so mortified about what is happening. If he was an irresponsible owner i.e. he didnít care or was deliberately setting his dog on the deer, it wouldnít be funny.

dcash29
dcash29  81898 forum posts England
26 Nov 2011 - 5:17 PM

He has the responsibility to ensure the dog has a secure lead and on it. Knowing there are Deer, people, vehicles and other dogs in the park.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122211 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2011 - 5:26 PM

Richmond Park and a dog off the lead is just asking for trouble. I don't find it particularly funny either.

Ade_Osman
Ade_Osman e2 Member 114484 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2011 - 5:27 PM

Quote: He has the responsibility to ensure the dog has a secure lead and on it. Knowing there are Deer, people, vehicles and other dogs in the park.

A point I made to the wife last night when we saw it on TV!........Even it it slipped it's collar he must have known it would have chased the deer......Give's responsible dog owners a bad name.

Ade

Last Modified By Ade_Osman at 26 Nov 2011 - 5:48 PM
KevSB
KevSB  101406 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2011 - 5:53 PM

Could not understand why this has made peaple laugh myself, made the papers also but glad to see It was not just me not laughing

keith selmes
26 Nov 2011 - 6:02 PM

We have hunting with dogs banned, and people laughing about this.

In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5fq7tA7qk you can learn that 6 deer per annum are killed by dogs in Richmod Park.

Something doesn't seem quite right.

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84258 forum postsKarenFB vcard England162 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2011 - 6:54 PM

A slight change of direction, I was in town yesterday - just going into Morrisons as it happens. When I passed four lads, one of whom was holding a Staffy on a lead. One of the other lads was leaning over and bellowing 'CATS' at it's face - he kept on shouting until the dog lunged and started barking and snarling. All four lads nearly fell about laughing. Is this the kind of responsible dog owner we now have to put up with? I felt very sorry for the dog.

Last Modified By KarenFB at 26 Nov 2011 - 6:54 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014073 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
26 Nov 2011 - 7:06 PM

Quote: In this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN5fq7tA7qk you can learn that 6 deer per annum are killed by dogs in Richmod Park.

About 20 a year get killed by the actions of visitors (run over by cars, out of control dogs,etc) which sounds bad till you read the stat that they cull 100 a year..

Not sure what to think about that.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.