Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

fields full of cobwebs ???

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    CDSINUK
    CDSINUK  2223 forum posts England
    14 Nov 2012 - 3:14 PM

dsc05874.jpgdsc05883.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 Nov 2012 - 3:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CDSINUK
    14 Nov 2012 - 3:19 PM

at first i thought the shimmering grass was a heat haze, but on further inspcetion the whole field had a covering of cobwebs, from top to bottom, anywhere the sun was reflecting there were the webs, has anybody seen this before ???? is it really cobwebs or is there another explanation, i find it incredible that a few spiders had the time to do this and the ajoining fields were like it too ????

paulcookphotography

My family captured similar shots to this recently at an old airfield (now race track). Its an amazing thing to see

GarethRobinson
    GarethRobinson e2 Member 8979 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2012 - 3:27 PM

Yes normally I see this at this time of year, the last time was last winter early morning just as the sun was coming up and what eye candy it was, just amazing. Football pitches and golf courses that have the grass nice and short or the best I found.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 14 Nov 2012 - 3:29 PM
    JJGEE
    JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2012 - 3:36 PM

Yes quite normal and they also drape themselves over fern / bracken very nicely as well, especially if you catch a nice sunny, but misty sunrise.

Scutter
    Scutter e2 Member 61742 forum postsScutter vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2012 - 3:43 PM

I believe it is termed "ballooning" and spiders (particularly spiderlings) use it as a mode of transport. They spin some silk to act as a sail and then let the wind take them off to pastures new.

CDSINUK
    14 Nov 2012 - 3:46 PM

ive probably seen it a hundred times but never realised it was cobwebs, always thought it was heat haze.... thanks for the info and comments, busy little things spiders eh! Smile

Metalhead
    Metalhead  61866 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
    14 Nov 2012 - 4:37 PM

I've seen this quite a few times now on a nearby football field. In fact, I've seen it covered in morning dew and with the sun behind you and low in the sky you can get arcs of rainbow colours across the cobwebs making it look even more spectacular.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.