Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Fill in flash

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    killiekrankie
    10 Feb 2013 - 5:02 PM

Apologies as this has probably been asked a million times before.
    What setting should I use on my camera (Canon 60D and 40D) to photograph a wedding (outdoor shots) using an exterior flash (430EXii) for fill in.
    Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Feb 2013 - 5:02 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

nevtrev
    nevtrev  1
    10 Feb 2013 - 7:05 PM

shoot in manual as AV can be unpredictable - TV a little better but cant beat manual.
    Lowest ISO and shutter speed up to sync speed probably 1/200 or 1/250 sec - depends what your shooting but say F4 if just the couple.
    Speedlite on and dial down -1 -2 -3
    I always enable high speed sync just incase I go over sync speed but flash power greatly reduced.

puertouk
    puertouk  31080 forum posts United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Feb 2013 - 9:17 AM

I have watched a few videos from Sekonic and would highly recommend you watch them as you will learn a lot. Hope it helps.
    Stephen

killiekrankie
    25 Feb 2013 - 10:42 PM

Thank you both for the replies guys. Much appreciated.

RavenTepes
    2 Mar 2013 - 8:13 AM

A diffuser would be a blessing, in the right circumstances. Just my two cents...

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53672 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Mar 2013 - 9:15 AM

Quote: What setting should I use on my camera (Canon 60D and 40D) to photograph a wedding (outdoor shots) using an exterior flash (430EXii) for fill in

If you just taking a few extra shots to the main photographer, then its fine to experiment on their big day, but if your the main photographer then that would be a scary question.
    If you know your way around manual including the flash then good, otherwise adjusting shutter, aperture and flash power will be very hard and you may be better off just dialing in exposure and flash compensation from the auto settings. You must get out their and practice - bad wedding photos can ruin friendships, you might even want to check out insurance.

killiekrankie
    9 Mar 2013 - 6:30 PM

Thanks again. I normally use manual but never seem to be happy with the amount of compensation. I always feel its either too much or too little. Perhaps I'm being too critical

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.