Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Film, digital or both?

User_Removed 8 2.1k 7 England
16 Aug 2010 11:02PM

Quote:photo's are becoming very similar and over-saturated

I agree, it does seem that less processed images are seen as not "well" processed now. Not by everyone of course but it feels that way to me. It's important to me to retain a less processed look in my work.

I shoot totally digital now. My film cameras are sat on the shelf and I have film, I just don't use them anymore. Mostly due to the time of developing compared to processing digital. I would love to have one last go in a darkroom though there is nothing like seeing that print appear on paper.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

keith selmes 11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
16 Aug 2010 11:35PM

Quote:Film, digital or both?

Both.

Mainly digital, for convenience.

Black and white film now and then when time and space permit. As a sort of special treat.
User_Removed 11 455 13 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2010 12:17AM

Quote:It's important to me to retain a less processed look in my work.

This is what I felt about your recent upload . The detail is there to extend the processing but it would give a less genuine impression of character.

I think that there are levels of processing that can produce a strong image and bring out the character of the shot, but it needs an intelligent approach that retains the integrity of the shot.

It is important to keep producing what you are happy with.
Gaucho e2
12 2.4k 2 United Kingdom
17 Aug 2010 7:10AM
Jacqui I have loads of slides going back a good 40 years and yes they are in pretty good condition, especially the Kodachrome. The colours are much as they were on the day they were taken. However, as soon as you digitise them I can guarantee that they will be tweaked. They nearly all need it.

Nice link!

Malcolm

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.