Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Film prices in Oz

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    alansnap
    alansnap e2 Member 10528 forum postsalansnap vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Apr 2004 - 11:26 AM

I'm off to Oz in November and to reduce x-ray exposure of my films I want to buy out there.

Two questions
    1.how much can I get Elitechrome EC or Velvia 100 for.
    2. Where in Sydney (first stop) should I buy?

Thanks,

Alan

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    11 Apr 2004 - 11:26 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

nikon5700ite
    11 Apr 2004 - 12:02 PM

Join the www.passionforpixels.com group which is based in Melborne.
    You could also ask about the best places to process the film before you go home.
    Members will be happy to answer other questions I'm sure. I'm a member but on the other side of the Tasman.

mceos
    mceos  1029 forum posts
    11 Apr 2004 - 5:48 PM

Are you sure you need to? I don't, as I never had any problems, even with 800ISO negs which are supposed to be more sensitive than the 100ISO slide films you mention. If you keep your films in your hand luggage, it will be fine. However, if you leave them in your main suitcase, it's a different story. Contact the airport you are flying from to be sure.

Chris_H
    Chris_H  101472 forum posts1 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Apr 2004 - 6:03 PM

Get a film X ray bag they are quite cheap.

digitalirony
    12 Apr 2004 - 9:40 AM

Don't buy a film x-ray bag! If you do the x-ray scanner operator will increase the power of the scanner to try to see what is inside on the bag.

Instead carry your film in a clear plastic bag and when you get to the point where the bag is about to be scanned tell them that you are carrying film and would prefer if they would be so kind as to hand check the film.

They will usually allow you to take the film out when they scan the rest of your gear and check the film manually. Even if they don't, the scanner will be used at a lower power setting and shouldn't damage your film.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.