Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Film prices in Oz

alansnap e2
10 529 23 United Kingdom
11 Apr 2004 11:26AM
I'm off to Oz in November and to reduce x-ray exposure of my films I want to buy out there.

Two questions
1.how much can I get Elitechrome EC or Velvia 100 for.
2. Where in Sydney (first stop) should I buy?

Thanks,

Alan

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

nikon5700ite 10 1.8k
11 Apr 2004 12:02PM
Join the www.passionforpixels.com group which is based in Melborne.
You could also ask about the best places to process the film before you go home.
Members will be happy to answer other questions I'm sure. I'm a member but on the other side of the Tasman.
mceos 10 29
11 Apr 2004 5:48PM
Are you sure you need to? I don't, as I never had any problems, even with 800ISO negs which are supposed to be more sensitive than the 100ISO slide films you mention. If you keep your films in your hand luggage, it will be fine. However, if you leave them in your main suitcase, it's a different story. Contact the airport you are flying from to be sure.
Chris_H 11 1.5k 1
11 Apr 2004 6:03PM
Get a film X ray bag they are quite cheap.
digitalirony 10 42
12 Apr 2004 9:40AM
Don't buy a film x-ray bag! If you do the x-ray scanner operator will increase the power of the scanner to try to see what is inside on the bag.

Instead carry your film in a clear plastic bag and when you get to the point where the bag is about to be scanned tell them that you are carrying film and would prefer if they would be so kind as to hand check the film.

They will usually allow you to take the film out when they scan the rest of your gear and check the film manually. Even if they don't, the scanner will be used at a lower power setting and shouldn't damage your film.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.