Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

filter

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    somnathchatterjee

i want to buy some filters but there are so many filters and different functions that i am a bit puzzled. i have 18-55 nikkor lens. can you help me to short out some of them?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Jul 2009 - 5:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jul 2009 - 6:04 PM

That's a very broad question but for digital photography you may find you need only neutral density graduated filters and a polarising one.

What is puzzling you?

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    somnathchatterjee

thanks CB for your advice and i should purchase neutral density and polarizing filter. but as i donot have any macro lens so it is a bit puzzling for me about +1, +2, +3, +4, +10 close up filters. i know about the functions of each of them at the same time i donot want to buy all that. again there are blue, green, tobacco, red, yellow, UV , infrared etc. filters. as i have never used those filters, i do not have any experience for the general usefulness of them and which one has more popularity for using. although i know the function of each and every one. so it is actually puzzling me. can you help me to select many of them except ND and polarizing because i will obviously purchase them.

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Jul 2009 - 8:27 PM

I wouldn't bother about close-up filters. Save up for a macro lens.

You don't need any of the other filters either.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    somnathchatterjee

thanks for your opinion and i am quite sure that only ND and polarizing filter will be better.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.