Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Filter Kits for SIGMA 10-22mm lens

IanBurton 5 78 7 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2009 7:10PM
Hi everyone, I'm a new member and am wanting some advice on filters mainly for landscape photography. My camera is a Canon EOS 450D and the filter kit is required for a SIGMA 10-22mm lens (77mm thread). I want a kit that will not create vignetting at the 10mm focal point, and hear that Cokin kits vignet whereas Lee do not. Would like to know if this is true and what kits are best! Thanks Ian.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Warriorpoet 6 213 3 England
21 Nov 2009 7:18PM
Hi Ian,

I find with Lee that using the wide angled adaptor there is little or no vignetting provided I only use only one filter. I believe the Cokin z series may be OK too but no doubt a Cokin user will be along in a minute to confirm one way or 'tother.
Dave
JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
21 Nov 2009 7:48PM
I use Lee filter holder with the wide angle 77mm adapter and two slots, no vignetting at 10mm on a D300.

JP
21 Nov 2009 8:17PM
Thanks guys, typically what price would I be looking to pay for such a kit?
arhb e2
7 2.5k 68 United Kingdom
21 Nov 2009 8:26PM
I use the Cokin Z-pro kit with a 30D and at 10mm, no vignetting as long as you get the filter holder dead square.
The circular poplariser cost me about 180, and as I have found out when using it, it doesn't polarise quite as smoothly as I had hoped.
21 Nov 2009 8:38PM
If you go with Lee then the 77mm wide angle Adaptor ring is about 40 & you can buy a Lee filter start up kit with three filters for about 150.
This is the setup I have & I've no complaints.
Chris.
21 Nov 2009 9:05PM
I think I'm edging towards the Lee setup. More expensive but quality wise you only get what you pay for I guess, plus a few reviews say they are more durable. See what Santa brings me for Xmas. Thanks everyone.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.