Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Filters advice for fuji S9600

24 Jan 2008 6:42PM
Can anyone tell me what size filters i need to fit my fuji S9600. And which would be the bset to fit uv or skylight or polarising. I am new to filters and only took up photography about a year ago.
regards
john

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken e2
12 3.3k 4 Wales
24 Jan 2008 9:25PM
You need 58mm filters. A uv or skylight would protect the lens. A polariser is useful but don't leave it on all the time.

regards

Ken
mikesavage 12 260 2 England
25 Jan 2008 1:48AM
A skylight filter tends to have a very slight pink colour to it, whereas a UV filter is clear, so it will warm the image up very slightly. Skylight filters are described as type 1A, 1B or 1C, in order of increasing 'pinkness'.
Bellie 8 507
25 Jan 2008 10:10AM
You might also want to consider the square type of filter system such as cokin. Buy a filter holder and a 58mm adapter and then you can buy whatever filters you need, with the knowledge that should you change your camera for a DSLR with a different size lens, all you need to do is buy a different size adapter and not a whole new set of filters.

I have a screw on UV filter from hoya to protect the lens on my S9600 and then the cokin adapter fitted to that ready for the other filters when needed such as polariser and ND grads.
28 Jan 2008 12:57PM
I would like to thank everone who gave me advice on filters for fuji S9600
many thanks
john

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.