Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Finding graffiti maps - before they are removed.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 2:09 PM

Hi Graffiti & folk art group,

Is there such a think as an up-to-date graffiti map, I was looking for one in London as i'm hoping to shoot someone with graffiti artworks as the background - meanwhile I may just build my own with posts to this group as its found.

Thanks
    Stuart

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    13 Nov 2012 - 2:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sdb
    sdb  6106 forum posts United Kingdom
    13 Nov 2012 - 2:36 PM

What part of London are you thinking of? I shoot a lot of street art in the Brick Lane area almost on daily basis - other sites include South Bank, etc.

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53469 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 2:41 PM

Thanks Steve, Southbank and Bricklane are both good area's - i work near Old Street and would do this one lunchtime.
    At the moment many places seem to have peen painted over with Microsoft surface tablet 'graffiti'

I'll take a wander up toward brick lane tomorrow lunchtime.
    Cheers
    Stuart

sdb
    13 Nov 2012 - 2:59 PM

You're not far from me - I'm just off Bishopsgate - my usual lunchtime walk takes me along Fashion Street, Brick Lane, Redchurch Street and then either along Holywell Lane and back down Curtain Road or loop back down Sclater Street. Today I fancied a change and walked up to Hoxton and the top end of Shoreditch High Street as there were a couple of pieces of street art I wanted to find.

If you want to meet up one lunchtime for a quick tour - especially some of the largescale stuff for backgrounds - let me know.

Last Modified By sdb at 13 Nov 2012 - 3:00 PM
    JJGEE
    JJGEE  96097 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    13 Nov 2012 - 3:13 PM

Stuart.

Is this LDN Website of any use ?

sdb
    13 Nov 2012 - 3:26 PM

The blog within LDN Graffiti is useful for seeing what's new but the maps are very limited in what contain. There are others such as Stik Map or Global Street Art Walls Project that are probably more useful and upto date.

However street art can and does change on a daily basis - what is painted one day could be gone the next!

Last Modified By sdb at 13 Nov 2012 - 3:27 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.