Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Firefox

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85834 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:19 PM

Anyone having browsing problems over the last week - posting this via IE

Thought it was our connetion dropping off, but seems to be FF isue

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

213hardy
    213hardy e2 Member 5539 forum posts213hardy vcard England
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:21 PM

Always use firefox not probs here, i know there has been a new update to it this last week tho

lawbert
    lawbert  71684 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:24 PM

No probs here either Adrian....Its probably Flash Player....Update to the latest oneWink

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:24 PM

I am having issues with it since using Win 8.
    Adobe Flash player plugin is one that is giving angst.

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314803 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:25 PM

THe only issues I have with firefox is the way it uses memory, it just eats it Smile

Paintman
    Paintman e2 Member 7823 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom172 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 8:33 PM

I'm having problems with FF. Images on web pages don't load properly and sometimes I'm getting a basic HTML style page showing, especially on my Yahoo mail. It's also quite slow at times. I'll try updating the Flash Player but I thought I already had the latest version. I thought I had a virus or registry problems so I've done a number of scans with nothing showing up.

p12owe
    p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 9:02 PM

Quote: I'm having problems with FF. Images on web pages don't load properly and sometimes I'm getting a basic HTML style page showing.

I had a similar problem to this... the cure was as simple as clearing the history. Don't know whether yours is the same problem, but always worth a try!

redsnappa
    redsnappa  111895 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Dec 2012 - 9:17 PM

Firefox is becoming a dogs breakfast of a browser ever since they started releasing new versions every other week

KathyW
    KathyW  101793 forum posts Norfolk Island12 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 9:19 PM

The recent updates have been a bit troublesome... I rarely use it for general browsing, but I had to revert to Firefox v 15.0.1 to enable a couple of scripts and add ons to run properly again. Didn't have any other problems, but I have set it not to keep history anyway.

Jestertheclown

I had problems with FF being unusually slow to do anything in its last incarnation, so much so that I abandoned it in favour of Chrome for a while.

I'm back now though and now, in its current version, it's fine.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85834 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Dec 2012 - 7:37 AM

Will see what it is like when I get home this evevning.
    I was prompted to install a Flash player update yesterday evening , but didn't reboot afterwards.

Shut down and went to bed early'ish, so don't know if that has cured it yet

Thanks for the input

Adrian

Last Modified By tomcat at 10 Dec 2012 - 7:37 AM
    tomcat
    10 Dec 2012 - 6:52 PM

Using FF when I got home, then about 10 minutes ago, nothing would load.
    Switched to IE and everything OK
    So once I have transferred some bookmarks over to my favs, Firefox and all it's trappings will be condemmed to the bin

tomcat
    10 Dec 2012 - 8:53 PM

All I can say is welcome back IESmile - sorry I ditched youSad

Web browsing has been a joy this eveningTongue

FF won't even launch and be buggered if I am going to reboot this evening - the music we are listening to, is so goodWink

Even my mail (GMX) is behaving itself for once

Last Modified By tomcat at 10 Dec 2012 - 8:54 PM
    KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Dec 2012 - 9:00 PM

This might add to your relief Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.