Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Firefox 4 - ePHOTOzine blisteringly fast

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

dcash29
dcash29  81887 forum posts England
23 Mar 2011 - 9:53 PM

just upgrade to FF4.0 ...everything is far faster

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Mar 2011 - 9:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
23 Mar 2011 - 10:18 PM

Quote: just upgrade to FF4.0 ...everything is far faster

Yep!
Same here.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2011 - 11:16 PM

You obviously have not tried IE9 with all the updates & add ons......Grin

For those who like playing with different web browsers and have yet to try IE9, Here is a tip.....Smile

Don't assume that all the bits & bobs like " Flash Player " & " Java " will come neatly packed in with the main IE9 update or download.....!

Once you have downloaded and installed IE9, You should then make sure to update Flash & Java......!!

AND don't forget to do the Java thing in both 32bit & 64bit browsers, For those with 64bit systems.....!!!

As yet Adobe don't seem to have been able to cobble together a release version of " Flash Player " for the 64bit IE9 browser.....!!!!

They keep threatening to.......But don't hold your breath......Sad

Wink

Just ran FF4 and its no faster than my IE9 32bit browser, In fact FF4 is a tad slower on some sites.

Could just be that the damp string between my gaff and the exchange, Is a little damper than usual....Tongue

Or maybe there is no real magic in the FF4 mix......!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Modified By cameracat at 23 Mar 2011 - 11:17 PM
strawman
strawman  1021997 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2011 - 11:21 PM

It matches with my experience in that Chrome for a while was faster than FireFox and that sadly Firefox had fallen behind on pace in version 3. I still think chrome has some advantages.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
23 Mar 2011 - 11:21 PM

Have installed IE9 on my W7 PC but it doesn't appear to be compatible with XP. Speed appears about the same as FF

Still prefer the Chrome interface Smile

66tricky
66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
24 Mar 2011 - 1:15 AM

Yep...just installed FF4 and epz is faster...BUT...yahoo mail no longer works...erseSad

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012518 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 6:50 AM

I cant use Firefox, everytime I've tried I just get Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a a file.. blah blah. But it is there, it installs Sad

dcash29
dcash29  81887 forum posts England
24 Mar 2011 - 6:54 AM

Quote: You obviously have not tried IE9 with all the updates & add ons

I wouldn't consider loading IE with the slow speed/site connect issues Ive had in the past.

If I'm happy with something i generally stick with it. A millisecond here or there isn't that important

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 103995 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 7:46 AM

Quote: Yep...just installed FF4 and epz is faster...BUT...yahoo mail no longer works...erseSad

I had that...had to reset my password for it to work Smile

66tricky
66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
24 Mar 2011 - 9:06 AM

Quote: Yep...just installed FF4 and epz is faster...BUT...yahoo mail no longer works...erseSad

I had that...had to reset my password for it to work Smile

It seems ok now. Seems to have been a coincidental issue at the server side as it wouldn't work with Chrome either but is OK this morning.

FF4 does seem very fast.

RogBrown
RogBrown  72996 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 9:08 AM

Since installing FF4, I seem to have lost the Progress Bar at the bottom right of the screen. Anybody else?

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 9:12 AM

Quote: Since installing FF4, I seem to have lost the Progress Bar at the bottom right of the screen. Anybody else?

I lost my Alexa tool and various other stuff I had on the bottom . I found it under View menu and added it back. View > Toolbars Add on Bar (not sure if it's connected with the speed, but worth a try)

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72301 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
24 Mar 2011 - 10:05 AM

That one threw me too for a few minutes. They have renamed the progress bar to the 'addon bar'. I have been running it with some addons and site is still quite fast.

Regardless of browser choice, the more add-ons/toolbars/plugins/extensions you have the more likely your browser will get slower because of them so it's important to only ever run what you need. Firefox has the ability to install addons but disable them. So when you come to a point that you need it, just re-enable.

RogBrown
RogBrown  72996 forum posts England10 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 8:43 PM

Quote: I found it under View menu and added it back. View > Toolbars Add on Bar

OK got the Add On Bar back but it still doesn't have the Progress Bar in it.

Snapper
Snapper  93693 forum posts United States Minor Outlying Islands3 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2011 - 9:16 PM

I can't find a dropdown list for the back button so that I can just jump several pages at once. Surely we don't have to jump back 1 page at a time? Easy solutions gratefully accepted! Smile

Last Modified By Snapper at 24 Mar 2011 - 9:16 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.