Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Firefox 4 - ePHOTOzine blisteringly fast

lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
24 Mar 2011 9:19PM

Quote:I can't find a dropdown list for the back button so that I can just jump several pages at once. Surely we don't have to jump back 1 page at a time? Easy solutions gratefully accepted! Smile

right mouse click on it.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Snapper e2
9 3.8k 3 United States Outlying Islands
24 Mar 2011 9:50PM

Quote:I can't find a dropdown list for the back button so that I can just jump several pages at once. Surely we don't have to jump back 1 page at a time? Easy solutions gratefully accepted! Smile

right mouse click on it.

Fast, fab and simples. You're a star! Grin
cats_123 e2
10 4.3k 25 Northern Ireland
24 Mar 2011 10:02PM

just have to hold the left click down for the historical list

ooops a bit slow....Smile
dlegros e2
12 217 England
24 Mar 2011 10:03PM

Click and hold on the Back button - the drop-down list will appear.
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
25 Mar 2011 8:37AM
One thing i find irritating in FF4 is having the homepage icon far right.

It should have been centre
cats_123 e2
25 Mar 2011 8:41AM
Anyone know how to make a new tab open with my homepage (e.g. Google search)? I just get a blank screen Sad
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2011 8:45AM
There doesn't seem to be within the standard FF settings, may be an add-on for it though I suppose.

Ian
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
25 Mar 2011 8:50AM

Quote:Anyone know how to make a new tab open with my homepage (e.g. Google search)

Do you want anything from the homepage other than search? Because the search there it's is now in the top bar
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
25 Mar 2011 8:54AM
Found an add-on called 'New Tab King', which looks like it will probably give you what you want.
dcash29 e2
9 2.0k England
25 Mar 2011 9:05AM
Thanks Ive now found out.

You simply right click and select customize from the drop down menu. Once the box opens you then click and drag the icon to a new location
cats_123 e2
25 Mar 2011 11:11AM

Quote:Anyone know how to make a new tab open with my homepage (e.g. Google search)
Do you want anything from the homepage other than search? Because the search there it's is now in the top bar

Not really....except that I don't like the small search boxes...will try digicammad's suggestion Smile
cats_123 e2
25 Mar 2011 11:33AM

Not really....except that I don't like the small search boxes...will try digicammad's suggestion Smile

Tried the Add-on but not what I'm looking for and now can't see how to get rid of it!!!!!! Any ideas?
cats_123 e2
25 Mar 2011 11:39AM
Still looking for how to get rid of an `Add-on'

but have now found that you can pre-set a tab to a particular website....e.g. load epz in a new tab, right click on tab and select `Pin as App Tab' Smile
cats_123 e2
25 Mar 2011 11:56AM

Quote:Still looking for how to get rid of an `Add-on'

answering my own question....click on Tools, Add-on, Extensions and then you can disable or remove Smile

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
25 Mar 2011 12:04PM
Has anyone found out how to avoid the memory build up? It used to happen in earlier versions of Firefox. After browsing through the gallery for an hour or so I get freeze. I look at the memory usage and it's massive. So I have to force quit and restart Firefox. I thought the new version had resolved it but the same thing happens. I tried to resolve it a year ago but gave up in the end.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.